chapter 13

Three months later_

On the day of Engagement.

Neel slowly walked out of Abhinav's room while trying to steady his motion as his legs were trembling and also he felt a slight pain in his spin because of the intense make out sessions he had with his boss a few minutes ago. Then Abhinav immediately left his room because he had some urgent work to do but before moving out he also warned Neel not to go downstairs and take rest untill Abhinav calls him.

But as Abhinav left, Neel also got ready to moved downstairs because he had no time to relax as he was the incharge to look after all the arrangements for the engagement. Abhinav's father gave him this job and also strictly ordered him not to make any mistake.

Since Abhinav announced his engagement officially, Sudhir has not bothered Neel much but his behaviour was always rude towards Neel.

Neel was standing in the huge front yard of the Pathak mansion which was beautifully decorated with bright lighting and flowers. Some workers were still roaming around arranging things so Neel began to help them as only few hours were left for the function to begin.

As his eyes ran all around the yard while his heart felt heavy and his eyes pour out sorrow while he moved to check all arrangements when he took a pause while stirring at the screen where Suniddhi's and Abhinav's photos were displayed. Neel then remembers the day when Abhinav told him about this engagement.

*Flashback*

Neel placed his head on Abhinav's lap while his eyes were closed and hugged Abhinav's abdomen tightly feeling his warmth. But his grip over Abhinav loosen and his eyes widen while looking at Abhinav as he heard Suniddhi's name. And the next what he heard made his heart ache.

"My engagement is held after 3 months with Suniddhi." Abhinav said in one go. Neel instantly shifted himself to sit up straight on the couch while he blankly stirred at Abhinav with tears in his eyes. Abhinav held his hand to caress Neel's cheeks but Neel brushed them off.

"Neel first listen me." Abhinav said while he wrapped his arms around Neel. "No I won't." Neel whined. "You...you got along with your love..huh.. your lover but still you are messing around with me." Neel continued while sobbing.

"This isn't the case as you're thinking. Currently there are many thoughts in mind about your relation but I do respect your feelings. And whatever I'm doing is because of my father." Abhinav said while caressing Neel's back.

"I'll explain you everything on the engagement night. But till then please trust me I'll never cheat on you Neel." Abhinav continued explaining. Neel could sense sincerity in Abhinav's eyes so he nodded in acceptance while still sobbing.

Flashblack ends

"Neel beta" Neel's trance broke as he hear Abhinav's mother calling him. "Yes ma'am" Neel replied as he turned to look at Divya who had a warm smile on her face. "Did you ate something or should I tell Namu to cook something for you?" Mrs. Pathak asked as worry took over her as she looked at Neel's week figure. "No thank you but I'm fine and I'm not hungry." Neel said with a smile as he felt a motherly warmth in her voice. "But you look so pale and tried." She said with concern for Neel in her eyes. "I.." Neel falter.

"I know you must be excited for your boss's engagement and so am I, super excited and happy for my son that finally he will settle down and have a family." Divya took a pause holding her tears of joy in her eyes. "So I can understand that you want everything go well and prefect but don't exhaust yourself and relax." Divya continued as she held her hands on Neel's shoulder who seems to be lost in his thoughts.

"No I don't." Neel gasped as Abhinav's mother's words were repeating in his mind. "What" Divya knits her brows as she sternly looks at Neel. "I'll take rest for something before the function begins but after I check everything for a last time." Neel said while plastering a false smile on his face to hide his panic.