Chapter 7. Mother's approval? I don't want it!

Rick: You should concede, I have a lot of respect for your sister so I'd hate to hurt you.

Alexia's eyebrow twitched.

Alexia: From the way you are speaking you don't consider me a threat.

Rick:...

Alexia: I'll take your silence as a yes.

The two drew their swords.

Alexia glanced towards Iris.

Alexia: ^Nee san.^

Both got into their stances

Referee: Hatchime!

Alexia: ^I'm more than my sister's shadow!^

Alexia launched herself towards Rick who was at her speed shocked.

Rick: Tch.

Alexia horizontally slashed, Rick used his sword to block making a harsh metallic sound ripple throughout the arena.

Rick: ^This power?! I was told she was much weaker than this!^

The vibrations travelled through Rick's hands making them go slightly numb.

Alexia began applying more force making Rick lose his footing a bit as the two of their swords clashed.

Rick retreated to get some breathing space but when he looked up Alexia was close by.

Rick: Needle's spline...

Rick's sword started to take the shape of a thin needle, he then began jabbing his sword at Alexia keeping her at an arm's length away.

Rick: ^This technique is very effective against pesky fighters like you who like to get personal.^

Whenever Alexia charged in she had to stop and delfect Rick's sword.

His aura was like a hedgehog if Alexia got too close she would get pricked.

Alexia: You can't hurt me from there? Are you scared? Are you running from a little girl who isn't a threat?

Rick: Hmph I'll figure you out I just need some time to think.

Y/n: Hahh what an idiot, this match is done why is she toying with him?

Rose: Wow Iris, I didn't know your sister was so strong, but then again it is to be expected since she is your sister.

Iris: Yes, I'm very proud of her.

Iris gave a wry smile.

Iris: ^Alexia was never like this. That boy isn't very powerful but he should be a challenge for Alexia. At least that's what I thought.^

Iris looked over to Y/n who was observing the two fighters while smiling.

Iris: ^What did he teach her?^

Y/n: ^She can easily break that sham of a defense, she must be relishing in the feeling of having power.^

Rick narrowed his eyes and then lunged at Alexia.

*DING*

Alexia deflected his blow causing Rick to Barrell past her.

Sliding across the ground Rick Lunged at Aleixa again.

*DING*

The same happened again with Rick getting faster and faster.

Y/n: What a scaredy cat.