Chapter 14: Diwali

Today is the day of Diwali and I feel a bit sad I remember how Papa used to light fireworks for me. This time is always the hardest time of the year for me.

"Rhe do you think your aunt will be impressed with my kurta?" Jasper asks and I look at Jasper and gush oh my gosh he looks so cute.

"My best friend is the most handsome man on earth. I hope you won't be breaking hearts tonight Casper," I say teasing him

"I know I won't by the way is your assistant Blair coming to the function?" Jasper asks leaving me on edge a bit as I think he has a crush on her and I don't want him to get hurt.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I ask him

"I think Blair is cute okay but I don't think she will like me," Jasper says

"Listen to me Jasper Miles you are one of the best people I know and any girl would be a fool to not like you," I say as helping him fix his kurta.

"I love you Cupcake i wonder what I would have done without any Rhea in my life," he says before pinching my cheeks.

"You would not have had nice food as introduced you to so many flavors," I say that's one thing me and Jasper bonded over.

I then realize I have to start getting done. I freshen up and then straighten my hair and makeup. I then put on my outfit which is a lehenga choli

(outfit below)

It's not a fancy outfit, it's simple but it's still beautiful

It's not a fancy outfit, it's simple but it's still beautiful. I then put on some matching jewelry with it.

Jasper then sees me and whistles and jokes around, "I might have to wife you up soon before my competitors arrive," he says which makes me laugh.

Jasper then hops into my car and we drive off to my family's house. We then get out of the car and admire the interior it will look so much better if it's night because it will stand out in the dark we then go to the garden to see my dadi and aunt telling the caterers to make sure everything goes smoothly.

My aunt comes running to me, "You look so beautiful Rhea we did the prayers already I know you are Christian that's why did it earlier and because of the auspicious time" I smile at Aunt. She then gives me a bindi to put on my head.

My Dadi must have gone all out as she hired a drummer and I smile," It must be a big function but again you guys have the house space" I say.

"We only invited about 60 - 80 people plus your friends that reminds me where is that Jasper?" she asks he was just her a few seconds ago he disappeared out of thin air.

I look over by the food section to see him eating some samosas and I start chuckling if you ever need to find Jasper find him by the food.

It's finally evening for the guests to arrive and I wait for Ares. I see people start to arrive. I then hear a sports car outside it must be him.