PART EIGHT

Classes finally ended and the rose-gold haired boy slowly made his way to the frat house. He didn't know if his roommates had already finished their classes and were home already, or if they would be coming soon. It made him nervous. Anxious.
It wasn't their fault. They were attractive and popular, two things that made the rose-gold haired boy extremely shy. If he was lucky he would be able to slip past them and into his room without them noticing his existence but, the squirrel like boy had a knack for being unlucky when it came to his roommates.

Jisung took a deep breath as he opened the door, and much to his surprise, the house was empty. The rose-gold haired boy took off his shoes and placed them on the shoe rack before deciding to make his way to his bedroom. He wanted to get there before any of his roommates made it home and saw him.
The rose-gold haired boy sighed as he flopped down onto his bed. It had been a long day and he was just glad that he got home before any of the other boys. 

He let his mind begin to wander as he thought back to the party before the fire. He had to admit that he did have fun, but he also drank more than he initially intended to. Flashes of him dancing on the table flitted through his mind as he buried his face into his pillow. He couldn't believe he did that in front of everyone, especially in front of Chan. He was drunk but he knew he recognized the older frat boy the second he saw him. Of course it was Chan's party, he always loved parties and being around people, meanwhile Jisung was the complete opposite. He didn't really like parties and he preferred staying home watching Ghibli movies. 
Sure hanging out with friends was fun and all but he didn't really have any friends besides the girls he met before the party. 

The rest of the boys had arrived home from their classes and each were hoping to catch a glimpse of the shy rose-gold haired boy but much to their dismay he was nowhere to be found. Of course they hadn't checked his bedroom but that was his safe space and they didn't want to ruin that for him. 

"Are you sure he doesn't hate us?" Felix asked as the seven boys sat in the living room. Chan sighed, dragging his hands down his face. 

"Well, I'm sure he doesn't hate you guys. But me on the other hand... I pretty much abandoned him for popularity. I doubt he's very fond of me." Chan replied, avoiding the blonde's gaze.
In truth, he did feel bad about the choices he made when he was younger, but he was young. And stupid. He didn't know what he was doing by ditching the younger. And he regretted it everyday. 

"Well that sucks for you, but we didn't do anything. Why's he avoiding us?" Changbin inquired, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Have you guys ever stopped to consider the fact that he might just be overwhelmed and uncomfortable?" Minho spoke up after a moment, he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. 

"How would you know that?" Hyunjin scoffed as he turned towards the older. Minho sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

"Well smartass," Minho paused with a smirk, "his dorm burned down the day after the party we had here, and he had to jump out of a window to get to safety. Not to mention I'm pretty sure he didn't even want to come to the party, it seemed like he was only there because of the girls he was with.  And everyone on campus knows he doesn't go to parties, because he doesn't like them."

The group stopped and stared at the purple haired male with shocked expressions. He was known for being cold and aloof to those around him, but though they knew he wasn't like that, sometimes he even shocked his closest friends with his observations. It was true that he had a temper but everyone did. He was very protective of his friends and the people he cared about. He also just didn't have the patience to deal with people's bullshit and drama. 

"I just think we need to let him come to us. Otherwise, he'll just be more uncomfortable and more overwhelmed." Minho finished as he pushed himself off the wall and began making his way to the kitchen. However, he paused in his step as he noticed a figure lingering on the stairs.

The rose-gold haired boy froze as he stared into the purple haired males dark brown eyes. Jisung had been making his way downstairs in an effort to try and interact with the other boys he would be living with. He had been hyping himself up for the past hour and a half trying to get the courage to do it. But when he finally began walking down the stairs he could hear them talking about him in the living room. At first, his heart dropped into his stomach. What if they were shit talking him? What if they hated him?
But the more he listened, the more he realized that they thought he hated them. God did he feel like an asshole now. He didn't want them to think he hated them, he was just scared and uncomfortable. 

The rose-gold haired boy widened his eyes as he heard the purple haired males voice pipe up as he began talking to his friends. He was rather observant, more so than the squirrel like boy had initially expected. He thought that the purple haired man wouldn't pay him any mind, seeing as he seemed to only care about his friends and no one else.
But he was happily mistaken.
Jisung listened to the older explain his reasoning and he was right. He was absolutely right. He was overwhelmed and uncomfortable. He really didn't want to go to that party, but he went because the girls wanted him to. The only thing he was missing was that the rose-gold haired boy was gay panicking most of the time.

The two stared at each other for a good few minutes before the younger felt his face heat up, telling him that a deep blush wash painting itself across his face. He was thankful for being in the shaded area of the stairs, where the shadows hid his blush from the latter. 

"U-Uhm.." Jisung paused. He took a deep breath, trying to find the words he wanted to say but alas it was no use, he couldn't think of a single thing to say to the latter. The rose-gold haired boy quickly turned on his heel and ran up the stairs back to his bedroom, leaving the older standing there confused on what just happened. 

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Jisung groaned to himself as he threw himself back onto his bed. His face and ears were burning and he knew he could be mistaken for a tomato right about now. 
He was embarrassed. He finally worked up the courage to go downstairs and talk to the boys but he blew it. 
The second Minho walked in front of the stairs and spotted him, he knew something was going to happen. Jisung had found himself lost in the older boy's eyes and unable to think properly. Not being able to form a proper sentence made him panic, and so he ran. 

He would try again at some point but he decided it was best to stay to himself for the rest of the night. 

One thing was for sure... he couldn't get the older boy's eyes out of his head.