13: Spider.Exe

With the help of Knockout and Breakdown, I could now expertly traverse the Nemesis with incredible ease. My sire was happy. Breakdown and Knockout were happy. I was happy.

Until she came.

The day started off like any other until Breakdown was sent out to investigate a strange electromagnetic signal. It made me nervous that the ex Wrecker was going alone, but what choice did I have?

I wasn't allowed to go with him since I was still struggling with navigating the Nemesis and figuring out different vibrations, but Primus almighty did I regret not arguing about it.

I was in the command bridge with my sire waiting for Breakdown to return, and when he did, I could tell immediately he wasn't alone.

"Breakdown, you dare return empty-handed?" Megatron growled.

"Not exactly." Breakdown said before turning around and exposing the last femme I ever wanted to be near me again formly magnetized to his back. I shrunk back between Soundwave and my sire as I sensed her stare.

"Airachnid? What a surprise to see you've returned." Megatron said.

"It's good to be back." She said begrudgingly.

"Sire. A word?" I asked the warlord.

"Breakdown, take yourself to Knockout so he may remove her from you." Megatron said. Breakdown nodded and left the command bridge.

"Sire, with all due respect." I said with a slightly terrified expression. "You can't seriously accept her back into the ranks."

"You and Airachnid will have to settle out your differences." Megatron said. "Believe me, I am just as fond of having her here as you are."

"I'd love to throw her into the

"Is um, there something I'm missing here?" Starscream asked.

"Don't ask Starscream. It's something I'm still angry about." I growled before storming out of the control bridge and into the hall, Soundwave deploying Lazerbeak to keep a close optic on me and to make sure I didn't get hurt.

"Stupid fragging glitch." I grumbled to myself as I wandered the halls. "Can't believe this absolute scrap." I paused my stride when I reached an intersection in the halls, my pede slamming into the floor and my audials listening to the vibrations. I detected a patrol of vehicons out to round the corner, and I side stepped before they ran into me.

"Oh! Prince Y/D!" The vehicon 5t3v3 exclaimed. "I um, didn't see you there."

"It's fine." I grumbled before striding past them and continuing down the halls towards my quarters. Eventually, I located them, and the doors opened to allow me inside.

I plunked onto my berth and rested my helm in my servos, staring blankly at the ground. Lazerbeak chirped her concern and landed on my lap, her beak gently pecking at my arm.

"I'll be fine, Lazerbeak." I assured the minicon. "Just angry that an old flame decided to show her stupid face here."
Lazerbeak chirped at me in an inquisitive way, clearly asking what I meant. I sighed a little and gently pat the minicon. "It's a long story that i don't really like talking about. You can go back to Soundwave now if you'd like. I'm just going to recharge a bit."

Lazerbeak chirped her acknowledgment and swooped out of my quarters, leaving me all alone. I laid back onto my berth and stared blankly upwards as memories from when Airachnid and I were a thing, some good while most were bad.

Especially when I found out about her fragging around with other bots.

-flashback-

"Air? Hun?" I called down the hall of the habsuite Airachnid, and I shared at the time.

'Strange, she's usually here.' I thought as I made my way further into the habsuite. I looked down at the small box in my servo, and I cracked it open to reveal a beautifully crafted Harmonexian pendant with gems that sparkled like little stars adorning a rare red energon crystal. It had taken me months to track down the pieces for the pendent, and I wanted it to be special for when I asked the big question.

"Who are you?" A mech's voice asked. I looked up and saw that he came out of the berthroom coated in transfluid and condensation,  my spark dropping to my tanks as it shattered.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I growled.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Airachnid's voice asked as she too left the berthroom and spotted me staring at her with a look of distraught. She didn't look scared, remorseful, or even embarrassed. Instead, she smirked. "Oh, I was wondering when you'd show up."

"Airachnid, what the frag is going on?" I asked coldly.

"Mmm, I got an upgrade." She said as she kissed the neck of the mech and caused his engine to roar. She then glanced over to me and smirked even wider. "Oh, don't look so shocked, Y/D. It was bound to happen at some point. Now run along to carrier and sire like a good little bot."

I was so bewildered by the situation that I ended up dropping the box to the floor, turning around and leaving. Once I got outside the habsuite, I immediately shifted forms and took off towards the Kaon arena.

When I arrived, I saw Orion and my sire speaking about something before I skidded to a halt and changed forms.

"Y/D? What's wrong?" My sire asked. I looked up at him and tried my best to hold back my tears. "Orion, we will discuss this more later."

"Of course." Orion said. Once the archivist was out of audial range, I flung my arms around my sire and sobbed into his tanks.

"Hey hey, what happened?" He asked. "Did she refuse?"

"Worse." I sobbed before blabbering out what I had seen. Megatron wrapped his strong arms around me and held me into a tight hug.

-end flashback-

'I'll never let that happen again.' I thought as I rolled onto my side and curled up. 'I'll never allow anyone that close to me ever again.'

"Y/D? You in there?" Knockout said as he knocked on the door.

"Yes, Knockout. You may enter." I said. Knockout opened the door and saw me curled up in a tight ball on the berth, the vibrations he gave off signaling that he was worried.

"Hey doll, what's got you down?' He asked as he pulled up a seat across from me.

"Nothing I want to talk about." I mumbled before sitting back up on the berth. "Was there something you needed?"

"More like I have something you may be interested in." Knockout said, his voice suggesting he was smiling. "Breakdown and I have been working on something that you may like, but you need to hold still."

"Erm, okay?" I questioned. I felt Knockout take off the visor and carefully pushed in something into each of the empty sockets.

"Now, the quality of these aren't the best, so you'll still need your visor to adjust." Knockout said as he fiddled around with something in his servos. "Ready?"

"I guess?" Suddenly, as if a light had been turned on, I could see the medic before me, although it was a bit blurry. I blinked a little in shock at the sudden sight, and my digits gently touched my face. "I... I can see? I can see!" A huge smile grew on my face, and my arms flung around the medic in a tight hug, startling him quite a bit. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

I could hear his fans buzz to life as I nuzzled into him, his arms hesitantly wrapping around my frame and reciprocating the embrace. My spark thundered in my chassis as he did this, and I quickly pulled away with a flushed face.

"I-i um... sorry that... that was um... too much." I stuttered in embaressment.

"Not at all, doll." Knockout snickered as he smirked at me. "It was adorable."

"Hey! I'm not adorable!" I huffed.

"I'd beg to differ." He chuckled.

"Then beg." I said with a teasing tone.

"After all I did for you?" Knockout said with a sarcastic gasp. "I thought we were friends."

'You and Breakdown are more than that to me.' I thought as I playfully punched the medic. 'Far more than that.'