It's Delicate

Travis's POV

"Should we go see if she is ok?" Taylor asked to look at me with pain in her eyes. I hated seeing that look in her eyes but I knew how Becs acts when she gets upset and she just needs time to herself.

"No, when she gets like this, it's best to leave her alone until the next morning." I said as I started cleaning up the snacks that were supposed to be for me and Becs but I kind of ruined that.

"You know that this isn't your fault, right baby?" Taylor asked me as she ran her fingers through my hair as we walked to the kitchen. I know it's not my fault but it also kind of is. Taylor and I decided together to keep our relationship a secret until we were official and 2 weeks ago we did. I just knew that telling Becs would be a lot for her with the stress of college on her and trying to figure out her new life. I was being a big brother when now I wish I would have just told her when I knew she would be over the moon about this news now she is in pain. As I explained all of this to Taylor, her eyes grew sad and cupped my face with her hand, "You were just looking out for her, just like you always do, she will understand eventually just give her time."

I take a deep breath knowing her words can always calm me down. I lean down and give her a kiss on the cheek, "Where would I be without you?" She blushed "Well you will never have to find out, '' she replied. We cleaned up the rest of the snacks and started to head upstairs to get ready for bed. I passed by Becs's room to see if she was sleeping, I opened the door a little and could hear her music playing and her little snores. I motioned for Taylor to come and listen, as she got closer to the door she could hear August and she gave a little smile, I closed the door softly and walked to our room down the hall.

"She has always loved your music even when she was little, she would walk around the house screaming You Belong With Me, I think I have a video of it somewhere actually." I tell Taylor as we get ready for bed. "She has used your music to get her through some of the toughest parts of her life and I think it's great that she can still listen to your music to calm her down."

As we walk into the bathroom to brush our teeth, I can tell Taylor loved hearing that.

"Well she seems like a very special person and I am so excited to get to know her." She said as she pulled out her toothbrush, as she does, I can't stop looking at her. She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen and I will stick to that until the day I die. She looks up at me standing in the doorway, "What?" she said, giving a little shrug.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?"

"Travis, I just got off a 3 hour plane ride and smell like plane"

"Yea I know but you are still beautiful." I walk over to her and give her a kiss on the lips. She stands on her tiptoes to reach me and put her arms around my neck. I think to myself "How did I get so lucky?"

The next morning, I woke up to Taylor in my arms and her head on my shoulder sound asleep. I checked my phone and it's 11:30. Taylor and I didn't fall asleep until 3am just talking and catching up since we haven't seen each other in a week and had a few makeout sessions on top of that. I had missed her so much and always wanted her to be around but with my practice schedule and her tour, it was hard to see each other. I looked at her sleeping and I could have stayed with her for hours but I needed to get out of bed and start breakfast for both her and Becs. I decided to make Becs's favorite breakfast, knowing that she will probably not come out of that room until I talk to her. I rolled out of bed making sure not to wake Taylor and headed downstairs to start making breakfast. As I was flipping the pancakes, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, knowing that they were Taylor's just by hearing them. She came around the corner wearing my sweatshirt and man, it looks so good on her.

"Good morning, beautiful." I said as I walked over to her and gave her a quick kiss

"Morning! What are you making?"

"It's Becs's favorite breakfast, Mom would make this every time either of us had a game so it became special to us." I said as I flipped a pancake up into the air.

"Awww that is so sweet, you know you are probably the best big brother out there?" She said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Well I don't think Becs's can agree with you on that one"

"Speaking of, where is she? She should be awake by now."

"When she is upset, you have to drag her out of her room. One day she stayed in there all day because Jason took her doll when she was like 7 and he didn't want to apologize so she stayed in her room and would only open the door for mom and food. So after I am done with these pancakes and giving you all the kisses you deserve," I lean down and give her a kiss on her forehead "I will go up there and talk to her."

Taylor reached up and kissed my cheek as I flipped another pancake.

"What if I go up and talk to her?" She said, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"You want to talk to her?" I look down at Taylor again

"Yea sure, you just said that she are not your biggest fan right now and it might be good for us to have some girl time"

"You make some very good points, Ok here's the new plan, when the clock on the stove says noon, you can go up and talk to her but before that, you have to give me kisses."

"That sounds like a plan babe." Taylor says, throwing her head back laughing.