Chapter 6: Red on Red

Ethan pulled his scrunchie out of his hair. He had such a fun time today and he felt glad to sing something in front of them. He sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at a photo of him and Leon. It was a picture on his 18th birthday, where Leon was hugging him and both of them were smiling. Ethan smiled.

"Leon. You're such an amazing guy. You always shine bright in a dark room. Tonight is really something I want to cherish."

After that Ethan paused. His tears started to fall down.

"I love so damn much. I wish I had the Guts to tell you how much you mean to me. " Ethan palmed his face. It's so hard to tell someone who you care so much about your feelings towards them without that fear of losing them. And Ethan surely don't wanna lose Leon. He wiped his tears right off his face when he notices that Leon was standing over him.

Ethan's body was frozen. He couldn't say anything.

"I..."

Without a second thought, Leon kissed him on the lips. It was soft and quick, but it meant so much. Leon hugged Ethan in a warm embrace before he said a word.

"I finally realized what you have been feeling."

"Y-You do?"

"Yeah. I spent all of today trying to help you feel better. But after you sang, I realized that you wanted me to be more than just a friend."

It was now Leon's turned to start breaking. "I'm sorry that it wasn't easy to tell me, but I just want you to know that I love you. I always will love you. And if it's OK, I would love to be your boyfriend.

Ethan started tearing up again. This all was really happening. He felt like he was seen and all he could say is one word.

"Yes"

They both hugged each other as they both cried together. The pain from being so distant was no more. They both loved each other greatly and just wanted to be held in each other's arms.

In the distance, Streber was watching silently with a smile.

"They finally did it."

"I wish the best for you two.."