Chapter Five

Zach

"Please be good for Aunt Claire and have fun!" My mom said, giving us a small smile. Mom was making me go with my brother Gray to Jurassic World, even though I really didn't want to. Spending time with my annoying brother at a park for little kids isn't really at the top of my list.

"Yeah, we will," I muttered. She gave me a scolding look.

"Be nice to your brother," she said. "And if you see my name pop up on your phone, answer it, please."

"Yeah, whatever," I mumbled, putting my headphones over my ears. My mom said a few more things that I couldn't hear before she waved us off through the airport security.

The plane landed in Costa Rica, so we transferred onto a boat that would bring us to the island. When we got off of the boat, my eyes wandered to a brunette woman holding a sign with our names on it. Gray followed my gaze and sighed.

"Where's Aunt Claire?" He asked, his eyes showing a bit of sadness. I shrugged and walked over to her, Gray following, where she unenthusiastically greeted us and led us to the metro. As usual, I put my headphones on while Gray got up to go to the front to see the park.

After getting off of the train, Gray just kept running, telling us to hurry up. I walked behind him fast enough to keep him in sight, with the lady--Zara--trying to keep up.

"Your aunt arranged to meet you at one o'clock," she said in her somewhat annoying British accent. "Can he slow down?"

"Nope," I sighed, watching Gray as he ushered us to go faster from where he was standing on an escalator. I swear, that kid had more energy than a dozen packs of Duracell batteries.

Zara led us to our hotel room, which was extremely fancy. Two beds that each had several pillows, a mini kitchen area, and a balcony. There was also a large TV that I wouldn't mind sitting in front of the whole time.

"Your aunt got you VIP access, so you can get on all of the rides without waiting in line," Zara said, opening a small box that was sitting on one of the beds.

"Let's go!" Gray yelled, hopping around the room energetically.

"Dude, she said we had to wait," I said, flopping down on a bed with my phone.

"I don't wanna wait anymore!" He exclaimed, running over and opening the balcony doors. He just stood there, not saying a word.

About half an hour later, Zara told us that we had to meet Aunt Claire at the innovation center. We walked over through crowds of people, Gray practically sprinting the whole way.

"Come on!" He yelled, waving me forward as he ran up the steps.

"Relax," I groaned, trying to text my girlfriend back without running into too many people.

"Come on!" He yelled again, this time a little less hyper.

"Dude, chill," I said, walking up the steps to the front doors. We pushed them open and walked inside to where a huge holographic dinosaur was walking around in the center. There were several kids brushing off fake fossils and messing around with the holograms, all yelling excitedly. Gray ran over to a DNA matchup game, immediately putting in all of the right answers. Stuff that I learned in school this year.

"Hey, don't wander off, alright?" I said, walking over to him. "Mom's not paying me for babysitting."

"Gray?" A woman's voice yelled from across the room. "Is that you?"

Gray turned around, his eyes landing on our aunt at the top of the stairs, shouting, "Aunt Claire!"

He ran over and enveloped her in a hug, which reacted to awkwardly.