Chapter 6 2/2

I didn't really expect things to turn out anything like this. I thought that the chef would've been more open to another chef giving them a hand with making the food for the crewmates. But apparently, they seem to be threatened by me. What made me came to that conclusion? Welp, I think the insult and their egotistic attitude was enough to figure that out. Orange instantly decided that we'll make a full course breakfast of our choice. The kitchen was pretty tense as we get the meals ready. But then, something occurred to me soon after I put the finishing touches, 'Orange, I just realized something. Who's going to judge the food?'. They sarcastically laughed, 'Isn't that obvious? It's gonna beeeeeeeeeee...'. They stopped after putting a strawberry on top of the waffles. They think deeply, while looking kinda embarrassed. I simply placed my hands on my hips, 'You don't know, do you?'. 'Ugh! Shut up! It's not my fault that I got so caught up with putting you in your place!', Orange shouted at me in defense. I shake my head in disappointment, 'Maybe we can just asked someone to try our dishes?'. 'Try what now?', Olive's voice was sudden heard in the kitchen. Me and Orange jump from being startled, before I turn to them, 'Oh hey Olive. What brings you in here?'. 'I heard Orange yelling in here. So, I came in here out of curiosity to see what's going on.', Olive explain to us. The chef glances at them, 'Well, we were deciding who's going to try the food that we made. We were having a cook off.'. Olive thought about what Orange said, before answering, 'Maybe I can be the judge of it. I haven't had breakfast yet anyway.'. 'Great! You can start with my dish!', Orange says full of confidence.

I felt kinda irritated from the way they're acting. But I won't let that get the best of me. Orange made eggs, sausages and waffles topped with whipped cream and a strawberry on top of it. My dish pancakes, scramble eggs and bacon with French toast. We silently let Olive try the food. But, for some reason, P/N kept distracting me and Orange by nudging it's heads onto our legs. Orange was annoyed by it. But I crouched down to the parasite with a concern look, 'What's wrong P/N? Do you need something?'. It nodded and looks where the food is at. I quickly realized that they didn't get to eat yet. I pat it's head, 'I'll give you some food in a minute. Just wait a little bit longer, ok?'. P/N curl itself into a ball with a pouty. I guess it decided to be patient. I turn my attention back to Olive to see that they're done trying the food? Odd. I didn't get to see them eat the food, due to P/N distracting me. Oh well. That doesn't really matter. Olive glanced at me and Orange, 'After giving some thought on both the dishes, I think the winner in this room is Y/N.'.

Orange was is disbelief, 'Wait what!? There's no fucking way that their food is better than mine! I'm the best chef in Polus!'. 'Well, if you're so confident about it, then why don't you try it?', Olive says calmly. Orange angrily huff, before they took a bite out of my dish. They were left stunned. I looked at them concern, after they just stood there for a few minutes, 'Uhhhhh. Are you alright Orange?'. Their eye sparkled while tearing up, 'This is the most delicious dish I've ever tasted.'. Ohhhhhhh. They were just shocked by how good my food is. Orange quickly snapped themself out of it and look away feeling embarrassed, 'I can see why Olive deem you as the winner. I uh like to apologize for insulting you earlier. I guess we could take turns on who cooks in the kitchen for the crewmates. I understand if you don't-'. 'I'll be more than happy to help you around.', I said happily. Orange looked happy by my response and hugged me, 'Great! Uhhh. We better quickly get the food ready, before everyone else wakes up.' 'Good idea. But first, I need to feed P/N.', I said before turning my attention to the parasite. However, it seems like Olive is one step ahead. They were already giving their leftovers to it, who is more than happily enjoying it's breakfast. Olive gave a happy expression to me, 'I figured that they could have the rest of the food, since they look kinda hungry.'. I let out a chuckle, 'I was just about to feed it. But thanks. By the way, are their specific foods that they shouldn't have?'. 'None that I know of. But they do seem to have a sweet tooth though.', Olive answered. Ah. I'll have to keep in mind to make some sweet treats for P/N, whenever it does something really good. I nodded in acknowledgement, 'Noted.'. Orange tossed a cleaning rag at me, 'No more stalling! Lets speed things up on cleaning the place and getting the food ready, shall we?'. Olive looked a little annoyed. But they simply sighed, 'I'll leave you two be. I'll see you later, Y/N.' I waved at them as they walked out of the kitchen. I couldn't help but think back about last night as I help Orange clean up. Did I truly saw Olive smiling at me with a mouth with sharp teeth or was it just me being very exhausted?

A/N: Ello everyone! I do apologize for this chapter being as long as the other. But I do hope that this does still satisfy you regardless of that. Now, we're finally getting into the good part of the story. >:3