USS Salem Museum

In 1945 at little before the of WW ll a company called the Bethlehem Steel Comapany was constructing Quincy, Massachusetts. USS Salem, being the last heavy cruiser ship to be standing. It's believed that for ten years USS Salem served as a flagship for the U.S. sixth fleet in Mediterranean seas and Second fleet in Atlantic seas, hosting people like Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavie and King Paul of Greece.

During the Cold war warships were launched when things got tense with the United States and the Soviet Union got to an all-time high. Though USS Salam was Heavily armed military ship, USS Salam never needed to use a single weapan.

One of USS Salem's notable deployments was in 1953. USS Salem was sent out to Ionain Islands off the west coast of Greece, to bring relief and aid people who were injured by The Great Kefalonia Earthquake, this particular earthquake was one out of a hundred earthquakes that happened in a span of a year. The Great Kefalonia Earthquake is remebered as the most disastrous earthquakes measuring at 7.3 on the richter scale killing around 600 people. The United States, Israel, and Britain were the first countried to respond sending aid and essential to Ionian Islands. During this time USS Salem was used as a hospital for the injured and the morgue thats on board was used for the deceased. Its unclear how long USS Salem was used a facility for the victims, there is however knowledge of so many vicitms who died in the walls of USS Salem, who now haunt those very same walls to this day. USS Salem was a sign of hope to Ionain locals and where some restless souls now wander the halls. USS Salem never fired a weapon but still had its fair share of deaths.

in 1959 USS Salem departed the Greek coast shores and moved to Philadelphia Navel Shipyard and became a member as an Atlanic Reserve Fleet. In late 1994 USS Salem returned to Quincy to be fully restored, a year pasted and USS Salem was recommished to be part of the Historic Naval Ships Association. now USS Salem has been turned into a museum, with its walls scared with history for every to see. People who tour USS Salem have reported seeing what they call "The Burning man." It's belived that one of the restless souls who roam the halls was serverly burned from the Ionian Earthquake and was being treated while on board of USS Salem. Other pople have claimed to have seen an apparition of young girl with an injured face, speaking Greek only. 

Now people have also repoerted to have seen a spirit dressed in a chefs outfit who haunts the kitchen. its also beilived that hellhounds wander the halls during the night and poltergeists getting aggravated if people mistreat the USS Salem. USS Salem got a lot of media attention for being haunted and earned the nickname "The Sea Witch."