Execution Rocks, Lighthouse

In Between New Rochelle and Sands Point near the Long Island Sound, an ancient light house stands at 1,400 feet from the sore, a palace for the seagulls to roam and be free and haunted by a goring legacy dating all the back to when the United States were founded in the 4th of July 1776. The folklore goes that in Colonial America when the revolutionary war commenced, tensions were running height between the British redcoats and the American colonists, during this time executions were deemed a necessity to avoid any uproars, even the British Avoided public executions. The way The American's went about it was they would take the condemned to Execution Rocks, where the British redcoats, would be chained to hooks that had been buried deep in the rocks. The prisoners had to hang on the rocky edge until high tide where the unfortunate people, who were captured drowned. Their bodies were left there to give future victims to look at what awaits them. Another story is that setters from Manhasset Neck watched many ships trying to navigate their way through the rocky waters at Manhasset bay, so many ships met their doom and that was when it was finally decided that a lighthouse is a good idea. The construction happened in 1849, the light house was designed by Alexander Paris, the architect from Boston's Quincy Market. In 1920 Carl Panzram robbed a Connecticut home that belonged to US President William Taft, he stole one of his guns and money, with the stolen money Panzram bought a yacht, where he was headed to New York City, he docked at City Island before hunting the city streets for more victims. Panzram selected his victim approach them by saying he is need of a crew, he lured them on board and sedate them with wine. Using the revolver he stole from President Taft's he shot them and then tied a rock to the bodies and dump then in the waters ooff Execution Rocks.

The light house no longer has a keeper, the job has been taken by an automated system. Ghosts are still being reported, but the lighthouse owner has never said that they never experienced any paranormal activity on the island.

Ghost hunters have said that the spirits there are very active and haunting Execution Rocks by apparitions, sounds of footsteps as well as cries of pain and terror