Chapter 3

"...BEEP-"

With a swift motion, you promptly silenced the blaring alarm with a smack, creating a minor dent in your nightstand. However, you didn't care, as greeting Prince Shintarou was your main priority!

After getting ready, you swiftly made your way to the student council room, eagerly anticipating Prince Shintarou's arrival as you stood outside.

Prince Shintarou spotted you waiting outside of the student council room and let out a sigh, fully aware of the reason for your presence.

He couldn't quite figure out what it was about you that made you want to stick around. After all, he wasn't exactly a social butterfly and, in fact, went out of his way to avoid people.

Because of his troubled past, he developed a fear of physical contact, always reacting with disdain to anyone who came too close. He spoke rudely and glared at people with a cold gaze, making his behavior far from pleasant. But despite this, you never fail to greet him.

Your intriguing behavior piqued his curiosity in a frustrating way. It's like a mosquito buzzing in your ear, an irritating feeling that just won't go away. You were an open book and yet, there's something about you that he can't quite figure out.

He sought solitude, yet in your presence...

He found refuge from the noise of the world...

"Hey! You there?"

He snapped out of his trance when you shot him a confused look, hastily clearing his throat, clearly embarrassed by his prolonged staring.

"Uh...Good morning Prince shintarou!"

You flashed a bright smile, attempting to push aside the awkwardness from a few moments ago.

"Good morning..."

His tone returned to its usual cold demeanor, yet the lingering traces of embarrassment were still audible in his voice.

"So...are you busy..?"

You cringed at your attempt to converse with him but eagerly awaited for his response.

"Yes. I'm very busy...after all I am a member of the student council."

He answered your question with minimal emotion, casually adjusting his slanting glasses.

"Well I mean I know that-"

Before you could finish your sentence, Prince Shintarou's phone rang. It wasn't the ringing that surprised you, but rather the robot keychain hanging from his phone! The one you had bought for him the other day!

You were confused, shocked, and most of all, excited. Didn't he claim that the keychain was useless just yesterday? All you could do now was gaze at the tiny, emotionless piece of plastic hanging from his phone.

After hanging up, he fixed his gaze on your surprised look. Raising an eyebrow, he followed your gaze to the robot keychain on his phone. In an instant, his face flushed, and he hurriedly stashed his phone in his pocket.

"You seriously kept that?!"

You exclaimed, almost certain everyone in a 500 mile radius could hear you.

Despite the embarrassment you caused, his tone remained unchanged.

"I have...kept it, yes."

His usual coldness persisted while confessing to keeping the keychain you'd given him. Perhaps he wasn't as harsh and uncaring as you believed.

"And you're using it!"

You exclaimed with a delighted smile, eyeing the dangling keychain on his phone.

His tone stayed cold but he shot you a curious glance.

"Does that bother you?"

Despite his attempt to be as blunt and cold as usual, he was genuinely trying to understand your behavior.

"Really?! Should I get you more, then?"

You asked, your eyes beaming and sparkling like stars in the night sky.

"Absolutely not. Please, do not buy me more presents."

He said firmly and quickly, expressing a genuine desire not to receive any more presents from you.

"What else do you like then?

Your tone carried a hint of curiosity as you listened closely, making sure not to miss a thing."

"Besides robots..."

He took a second to think.

"...Nothing."

"Wow, that's quite a lot..."

You quipped with a hint of sarcasm.

Prince Shintarou let out a slight sigh, his tone remaining unchanged.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

He asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

Glancing at your phone, you noticed you were running late for class and exclaimed,

"I'm late! See you tomorrow, Prince Shintarou!"

And with that you ran back to your class.

"Goodbye..."

He uttered after your shout, his tone softer than before. Though not entirely accustomed to your behavior, he couldn't deny it was slowly growing on him.

Deep down, he couldn't wait for your greeting tomorrow...with a quick turn on his heel, he stepped into the student council room, counting the hours until the day ended...
.
.
.
.
.
(ANOTHER CHAPTER IS OUT!! I will change one thing in the introduction as I said this story will be short but I will change it a long story! 🥳🥳)