Author's Note|| READ !!

Don't skip this and Prologue

The Serpent's Prey is book 2 in the Night Assassins series and comes after 'A Twist Of Fate' This book is standalone but it is highly recommended to read the first book before starting this one for the complete experience and better understanding.

Reading order of The Night Assassins Series:

1 - A Twist Of Fate
2 - The Serpent's Prey
3 - Wip

This book will be darker than the first one. ( Each book will go darker number wise)

This book is a dark romance and not meant for light hearted and under 18 people. If you are expecting this book to be rom-com, rainbows and sunshine, don't read further. This book deals with heavy dark themes and toxic relationships-with romance- and violence.

Trigger warnings - Gore, murder, torture, desecration of religious artifacts, graphic depictions of rape, secret society, child abuse and death, human trafficking, sex rings and slavery, Secrets and conspiracy theories of dark web, government and underworld, Suicide, animal cruelty ( not heavy ) traumatic events, graphics violence.

Triggering Actions of MMC - Stalking, non consensual surveillance, kidnapping, possessive behaviour, blackmailing into sexual activities ( with moderation ) aggressive forms of sexual play, drugging, devalue of God. Obsessive psychopath and morally black MMC.

Dark sexual theme - BDSM Contract ( He is the master and she is his pet ) Mask play, dubious consent, consensual rape- play, blood play, impact play, humiliation, degradation, somnophilia, primal kink, breath control, voyeurism, soft branding ( consensual ) praise kink, pet names, forced orgasm, breeding ( unprotected sex ) recording of sexual intercourse without consent.

Important take - I do not promote such activities in real life and highly condemn It if it's not consensual. This is a work of fiction which is meant to enjoy and embrace our dark desires and not to perform it in real life. Whatever the story and characters do are not the author's own perspective and beliefs.

If you are here from the first book of the series, I really appreciate and love you. Thank you for showing your love and support over the time and I hope you enjoy this story as much as you did the previous one. Just note that, our MMC is not a sweet character or a hero, he is not only morally grey but morally black.

And for the people who are starting this book without reading the first one, note that this book will contain major spoilers of the first book 'A Twist Of Fate.'

Will this book have cheating ? No.
Will this book have another woman drama? No.
Will this book have an accidental pregnancy ? No.
Will this book have a threesom? No.
Will this book have a happy ending? Absolutely yes.

However, the marriage and kids of the main leads will be shown in the third book of the series. ( These questions aren't spoilers, there are so many wild things yet to discover 😈 )

And before you go talk about this book being a copy of other books or TV shows, know that this author is a lover of dark crime documentaries and dark romance and the dark criminal events happening in this book are to spread awareness of reality.

Thank you for reading till here, I hope you enjoy this book and if you don't like it, just leave and don't spread hate or shame others. 🤍

Do follow me on my Instagram booksbyprivvv for updates, spoilers, edits and revives of other books. ( I'm a bookstagramer as well )

Thank you and enjoy. ❤️