𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐆

Collins was lying on her bed, thinking about life. Shaggydog was next to her, chewing on his favorite toy, a blue bear. Collins kept staring up at the ceiling, certain things going through her mind. She sat up suddenly, startling Shaggydog.

"Sorry, Shaggy." She scratched behind his ears, causing his tail to wag, and got up from her bed and to her dresser. She opened the top drawer and pulled something out: a photo album, with the title, 'Collins' Memories.'

She frowned, yet opened the book anyway. Collins flipped through the pages, looking at the pictures and reading the brief descriptions before stopping at a certain one. She stared long and hard at this certain picture, her frown deepening.

It was a picture of her, Shaggydog (when he was a puppy), Lucy, their mother, and him. The man who had ruined her and her sister and mother's lives. The three girls looked so naive in the picture, happy and smiling together. He was smiling too, but Collins knew it was a facade.

She looked at her mother, Annie Sonnet. The woman had a baby bump, signifying that she was pregnant. Then she looked at Lucy, who was holding her hand. Finally, she looked at herself.

Younger Collins had the biggest smile than anyone else in that picture. Collins had never seen herself, or even felt herself, give a smile that big. She looked like the happiest girl in the world. Collins felt no emotion to this younger version of her. All she did was stare at her and feel emptiness. She saw nothing when she looked at the happy girl. Why? Because Collins had no recollection of taking this picture ever.

She looked down at the description, reading the neat lettering of her mother. 'It's almost time for Marjorie to be born!' Then, she looked at the man. She felt disgusted just looking at him.

Her mother had been a single mother, and had a hard time making enough money to make ends meet all while balancing being pregnant. But when she had met him, everything changed. He had bought her a house, helped stabilize the money situation... until he ruined everything. When he had left, he left large sums of money for her, probably a sorry for what he had done to the family.

Collins' mind wondered to a memory where she and Lucy were in the hospital. She could hear her sister's voice, the younger version of her sister, telling her something, although it sounded like she was holding back tears. It had to do with the baby, Marjorie. It hurt Collins' brain to think about the forgotten memory, to try and retrieve something that was lost. But she was almost there, she could feel it. She was so close, so, so, close.

"Collins, dinner!" The voice of her mother traveled up the stairs. Collins hurriedly closed the album, put it away, slammed the top drawer shut, and yelled,

"Okay!"

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

"I still don't get why they call him zombie boy. I mean, I get it. He got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?" Max asked. She, Collins, and Lucas were walking in the hall during school.

"Yeah, I mean, we had a funeral for him and everything. You can ask Collins." Lucas said.

Collins nodded. "Yeah.. I remember." She didn't actually, since it was technically a fake funeral because Will was actually alive, she didn't bother remembering it.