Less Grief

I woke up, feeling a bit drowsy, recalling what had happened the other day. I lay back down, wanting to fall asleep again. However, laying on my side, closing my eyes as hard as I could, sleep didn't come. I made myself get up for the day, the bed next to me was empty, "I wonder if Chayanne already went to school," I thought pushing the bad thoughts toward the back of my mind.
I found a jean skirt overall and a small yellow sweater placed on a dresser by my bed. I slipped on the sweater and overalls, I went downstairs where Abeulito was waiting.
"Tallulah!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face.
I managed to crack a small smile, "Good morning, Abeulito,"
"Chayanne already left for school two hours ago, so I waited until you were awake to take you, but first you need to eat," Abuelito handed my a plate of pancakes he had made prior. I forced the pancakes down my throat as I ate.
I quickly grabbed my shoes and red beanie and put them on. I grabbed my amapola backpack and waited for abelito.
Soon enough, we got into the car, we drove in silence for the first few moments until abelito spoke up, "If you need anything while you are at school, then call me,"
"OK, I will abelito," I said, almost a mumble.
I got out of the car and abelito walked me into school, while he was talking to the lady at the front desk I saw a picture hanging on one of the cabinets in the classroom, it was of me, chayanne, abuelito and papi. I held back my tears, and abuelito said to go in. I walked in, looking down at the floor, "Ah, hello Tallulah," the teacher greeted. I didn't speak for the rest of class, staring at the painting me and chayanne.

Finally, the last bell rang, and it was time to go home. I grabbed my amapola backpack and followed Chayanne. Once we opened the doors, we saw abuelito, Chayanne run up to him, his duck floaty squeaking. Abelito embraced his hug and smiled and looked toward my direction, "We are going to go see Papi today," He explained, "He's doing well so far,"
I smiled, I thought of if he was awake or not as we got into the car.

We finally got to the hospital after a half hour of driving. Me and chayanne skipped through the halls, driving abuelito crazy. We finally found Papi's room, I saw him still asleep, I squeezed my eyes tight and opened them still to see papi asleep.
I was still very disappointed, but I still ran toward his side and grabbed his hand. It didn't feel soft from yesterday. It felt quite dry. When the doctor walked in to talk to Phil, I glanced over and tried to listen to the conversation, Phil looked at me and went out of the room with the doctor. I looked at my Papi again. His face was faded of color.
...

I looked at Tallulah and signaled for me and the doctor to talk outside. Once, they were out of Tallulah's ear and sight.
"So what's going on," Phil asked.
"We have been monitoring him. He is in a coma still and hasn't shown any signs of waking up," the doctor said.
"How long until you take him off life support," Phil asked with a stuttered tone.
"Approximately two months," the doctor scribbled on his clipboard.
"Alright, make sure you take care of him. He is very special to my granddaughter and me," Phil explained
"I have to go examine another patient, but I'll do my best," the doctor said and then ran off to go see to his work.
Phil came back into the room where Will, Tallulah, and Chayanne were.
Tallulah was still holding Will's hand.
Hey guys, I have an idea, I said, and Tallulah glanced up listening along with chayanne.

( Word count: 664 )

Finally, I got the third chapter out. It took quite a while to find inspiration. I really love how the story is going so far.

Banner Art isn't mine, credit to @qarameiio on twitter.