Chapter 26

Diere

I step out of the shower drying myself off and throwing on some pajamas. My wet hair soaking my shirt with water. When I walk outside my room I hear Augusts voice downstairs. I walk down to see what's going on and I see my mom and august sitting down at the dinner table. He's holding a bag of frozen peas to his face.

"August what happened!??" I say as I run downstairs grabbing the frozen package pulling it away from his face to see a reddish-purple bruise on his face.

"I'm fine me and my dad just got into it" he says in a sigh. I place my hand on his cheek assessing the bruise.

"Your dad did this?! What the hell is wrong with him." My mom shakes her head grabbing more frozen food from our freezer swapping it out for the peas.

"He was just telling me that his parents kicked him out." Mom says sitting back in her chair. I look over at him in shock and concern. I knew his dad was mean but I didn't think he was that horrible.

"What the hell! They can't do that" my voice involuntarily raising. He's there kid there's no way they can just kick him out on the street.

"They can I'm 18 now" he explains but that's not good enough of a reason for me.

"Where are you gonna stay?" I ask out of curiosity. But I know he's probably gonna stay with Ray.

"I said he can stay here" my mom interrupts and I look at her smiling. August living here?!? This can either be really good or really bad. "On the couch!"

"Wait what about all your stuff?" August looks up at me with a smirk grabbing my waist pulling me closer to him as a hold the bag of frozen fruit on his eye. My mom clears her throat and I move away from him slightly. His hand still lingering on my waist.

"They're going out of town soon so I can just get it when they leave but for now wanna go to target with me?" He ask and I could just marry him right there. Target is my favorite place on earth but I'm supposed to be grounded. I look at my mom with a frown clasping my hands together in a plead.

"Can I please??" I ask dragging it out like a little kid asking for candy. My mom shakes her head rolling her eyes.

"Fine you guys have 1 hour that's it" shes say rubbing the temples of her forehead.

"Thanks mom we'll see you later" I say running up to her and giving her a hug before grabbing Augusts hand and walking to his car."Okay what do you need I'll make a list" I ask as he starts driving off.

"I don't think we need a list" he laughs but I'm not joking.

"Not making a list is how you spend unnecessary money on things you don't need" I explain opening my notes app.

"Good thing I have this" he pulls out a credit card that I'm guessing is his dad's . I don't think spending his dad's money is a good idea when he's already mad at him.

"Is that really a good idea august. I don't think you should do anything to make him angrier" I ask and he just smirks placing a hand on my thigh.

"Who gives a fuck. He gets mad about everything. And besides he didn't take it away from me and the charges will probably go to my mom since she handles all his banking stuff" he says rubbing circles on my thigh reassuring my worries. I guess he's right.

"Okay...if your sure" I say still a it skeptical. He parks at target and turns toward me.

"Stop worrying and let's goooo" he says opening the car door and walking over to open mine. He grabs my hand in his leading me into the store.

"Okay where too first?" I ask as he grabs a cart.

"Hmm probably the self care isle" he responds. The self care isles is at the back of the store and I really don't want to walk that far.