Infinite Labyrinth

Becky pov

"Enter before the gates close, no matter the costs."

I follow her discreetly, Damian signaling to the others that we've found a way in. It pained me to see the people here unfazed that a young girl with her hands and feet cuffed was being dragged across the floor, but I knew if Damian was here it would've been much worse for him.

The marching stopped abruptly, and I quickly hid behind the corner. The masked men were entering a password, it would seem.

"0...0...2...5" Yuri mouthed, looking up from his binoculars. Who would carry one around in broad daylight, like, ew. What other purposes those serve, I don't wish to know in this lifetime.

"Did you hear, midgets? The password is—"

"Yeah yeah, we heard, Grandpa."

Yuri fumed in the corner, and when I turned back around, the gates clanged to a close. Looks like that at least for now the place was deserted.
Loid was already running to the machine, his feet barely touching the floor to create minimal sound . So cool, as always💖.

"STOP DAYDREAMING, BECKY. ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUR LAZY ASS HERE OR WHAT?!" Damian raged.
"Somewhere inside that pea-sized heart of yours," I grumbled, "A witch is at work."

He ignored me for the rest of the walk inside until something hit him. "Becky," He turned to me. "Please tell me that we know what entrance to the labyrinth Anya took, because if it's never-ending, where do we even start?"

We heard the faint rustling of leaves and crept closer. "Keep walking and you'll find out."

I examined the walls, eventually identifying a subtle misalignment that betrayed its presence. Running my fingers along the stones, I found a loose one. With a sly smile, I lifted it, revealing a concealed, hidden trapdoor that led into the depths of the labyrinth.

Just as the final strands of pink hair slipped through the cracks of the hidden door, I whispered, "Ridiculous."

The atmosphere shifted the moment I placed an intruding foot into the wall, as if it knew I wasn't supposed to be here.

Run , it seemed to breathe down my neck.

Run before it's too late.

"Too late to what?" I asked.
Too late to turn back.

That's when I immediately knew something was wrong. "Flee the grounds!" I cried, stumbling and running guided purely by my instincts, and every so often when my eyes could make out something from the tears, a sea of ​​red handprints covered everything and anything.

It reminded me that past experiments were once released here too, and that they all had awaited the same fate.

The claws that nipped at my ankles, the beeping of a timer, and the screaming and bawling of kids were all too much and all too real.

"It's the corticosteroid," A girl my age was standing still with a feral look in her eyes. "Right, brother?" She stared lovingly at an empty clearing, before spinning around and pointing towards me.

"Aha! I've spotted another one! You're not meant for me, clone, because I don't know who you are and I find you rather bland. Go back to your designated target."

She sure doesn't sugarcoat, just like 2 other people I know. "Me?" I questioned.
She grinned, "Of course not! I'm talking about your friend here." She gestured at thin air, her genuineness showing no cracks.

"Y'know, your long pink-haired friend?"

I looked back, half-expecting for Anya to be standing there, relieved that I'd come to save her.
But there was no one behind me.