school saga

third person pov

The joyous weeks that followed included continuous congratulations and celebrations, but a special event was very quickly approaching...

Anya was still slightly distanced, having escaped a place that has trapped her for so long. There were no lingering attachments. When everyone arrived at the hospital to get checked, the embedded microchip was extracted, and hefty ironclad anklets shattered. Their condition was fragile and needed to be placed in emergency care, where excessive amounts of nutrients and protein were absorbed each day.

Damian and Becky, with the help of their friends, quickly spread the information of two past students returning to Eden, one infamous (Anya) the other popular (Chase), secretly giddy. Dorms were arranged for the Year Elevens, and new supply shipments.

The first day of school was in 2 days.

"Miss Anya, please look after yourself!" Yor rushed around their apartment, chekcing and gathering Anya's belongings. Loid smiled at Anya, who was waiting at the door with a wistful expression, "Do remember to enjoy yourself and have fun, okay, Anya?"

She blinked rapidly, coming back to focus. "Yes, Father. I'll call you when I'm free." Yor thanked Martha for assisting Anya with her luggage, twisting the ring around her finger anxiously. "Goodbye, I'll return after no time!" 

Anya maintained an uplifted expression as she stopped on the street and waved at her parents, who were standing atop the stairs. Martha hauled her bags into the trunk of the car, and with the final goodbyes said,

Anya departed to experience Eden all over again.

"Keep a close watch for now, Twilight." Loid thought to himself, as he waved cheerily to the distant car driving further down the street. "Loid-san, let's make sure this is a place she'll always want to return to: home." Loid opened the door for Yor, looking back at the streetlights flickering slowly to life as the sun set over the blazing horizon. Closing the door, he embraced Yor. "Our home."

"E– E– E– Ehhh?! L– L– L– L– Loid-san!"

"Anya!" Becky bounded to her friend, careful of her bruises and sore spots, and hugged her elatedly. Anya gave a shy smile, "Hello, Becky."

Becky, becky who rescued her from the prision, the inescapable cage... Stop. Anya pushed those thoughts down, muffling their pain and fear. Replace it with happiness and excitement. Even if I've forgotten.

"Aha, Anya's here!" Dante shook hands with her, patting her back as they walked to her room, Cecile Dorm 29. When she unlocked the knob, Anya was greeted with a soft and cozy setting with colourful displays and the faces of 8 eager girls.

After a brief introduction, Anya toured the whole building on her own, the others occupied with homework. She began to make her way to the second floor, when something caught on her blouse. "Heya, I'm Raine." Standing next to the railing was a tall girl with dyed electro-red tips. "Congrats on the brave getaway, Anya."

Anya gripped the railing nervously. "I just wanted to check if you knew the second floor is where currently 20 boys, socialites or snobs, are studying for entrance exams." Entrance exams, Anya noted. "Heck, Damian hasn't emerged from his room since last weekend."

Damian. Right, the boy. Still don't know why people are talking about him so specifically. Anya nodded, "Alright, I got it. Thanks, but do you mind showing me to Mr. Henderson?" Raine nodded enthusiastically, "by the way, I heard the camping trip is happening this term."

"Yep, they've changed the programme a bit."

Accustomed to the loud, banging glass and histerical screeching, Anya walked down the hallway to her first class of the term stiffly, feeling the judgemental scruntiny on her back burning holes into her nape.