lady luck

Becky pov

"Dear diary,

"Anya's condition is steadily improving. Chase's too. And my girl's decided to join a soccer team, but it's awkward if I do nothing, so I might consider cheerleading as an extra-curricular.

Damian feels out of place after the recent events, but doesn't have a date or outfit for the incoming ball, haha.
I want a mini dress that's a plum colour, and champagne red accessorics. Anya would look so pretty in a coral orange or rose-gold dress that brings out her eyes, and i think a cute handbag will match. The gala is in November; that should be a plenty.

"Note to self: keep 'Damians date for the ball' position free. All hail Operation Berlint In Love 2.0 🥰🥜x💸📚!!"

I finished with a flourish, leaving my room in search of snacks. I bumped into Raine, who was on her way to class. We're a bit early, considering more than half our dormmates haven't risen from bed yet — Anya included — so we go down to where the breakfast buffet was.

Anya pov

I left class early, Becky questioning why I was entering the parking lot as a black Mercedes-Benz pulled up and Dad nodded his head at the backseat. Becky waved at him, and we drove off to meet my therapist.

Loid spoke up, "This is a restoration and guidance counsellor, who will assist you on your journey." She's also an FBI approved agent, yet her main field is psychology.

"She can help you unpack what horrific happenings you've seen, and hopefully she can lure you memories and slowly drag them out for you to reclaim." Loid said, scrolling through his phone and firing rapid text messages.

I replied, "Nothing shows up. My mind is perpetually blank." A beautiful girl with raven black hair stepped out of a room, giving me a warm smile as she read from her clipboard. "Miss Anya Forger, pleased to meet you. You can call me Kyra."

The room is gentle and comforting, with a soft couch and fluffy chair. We remained seated as she went over the process, and what information was withheld and what was recorded. "My job is to make your life easier and for you to cope better, so if you ever feel the need to contact me about anything, I'll be here to chat." She seemed very much like my father, from her demeanour to the atmosphere of the room.

Kyra then led Loid to the door, and asked, "So Anya, tell me, describe yourself to me." I swallowed a lump building in my throat. Kyra noticed my discomfort, and switched the question. "How have you been, I know only the tip of the iceberg. If you don't feel comfortable, no need to share, but I know we're going to get along perfectly fine." She winked at me, and I could feel the nervous smile creeping onto my face. "I think so too."

Kyra thought, "I believe the Handler said that Twilight had that survivor daughter, but she seems pretty meek. I wonder if there's a way for us to connect more, I've heard about what she's been through and that is not an easy feat."

She found Loid on the way out, blocking his path with a swift hit by her clipboard. "Anya's been exceptional today, I'm guessing you'll be back on Thursday?"
Kyra spoke, her lips mouthing different words than what she's audibly said. "I fear she does not want to open up. Give us some time, Twilight."

"As expected. Fair enough, I'll add 2 months before the Handler sees the report." Loid reasoned, and the door swung shut.

Third person pov

Over the course of 3 weeks, Kyra engaged herself with each conversation that Anya talked about, and was consistent with her work and thorough in her research: Anya's past. During around their 20th session, a snippet snagged in her mind.