thorn princess

Yor pov

I jogged to the station, and checked my wristwatch to see I've arrived 3 minutes early. The peach color fell down to knee length, and the soft material brushed against me as a soft breeze swept past.

I never saw anyone approach me, so when he extended his hand out for me, I was rather startled. Maybe I was a bit rusty on my training from the lack of time I could spare running to different shifts. My client looked about the same age as me, maybe a bit older.

Nonetheless, he tenderly held my extended hand and kissed it like a gentleman. He too was wearing silk gloves, although I was rather curious to whether this man intended to have a bodyguard at all. 

"Hello Miss Briar, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Loid Forger, but my Anya sadly isn't here today." I wasn't keen on being out in the open for so long, as it attracted danger. "Loid-san."

"Loid will be fine."

"Uh, Loid are we going to go to a restaurant to discuss this?"

"Miss, as I mentioned before, my daughter is absent. And that, within itself, is the problem. Anya has been kidnapped by a secret organization of some sort, and I need my daughter to be out of harm's way." Loid look anxious as he awaited my response. I smiled.

"Let's get going, shall we?" He nodded and made a beeline to a luxurious sports car filled with masks and disguises. Not to mention, I snatched a pair of my favourite weapons and a pistol just in case, so we should be safe. 

He veered off the main highway and sped up in a suspicious alley. I saw a child clutching a handbag or something huddled next to a fly-infested bin. "Loid, stop! There's an abandoned child right here! Could that be Miss Anya?" I gasped, opening the door and running towards the child. 

Now that I was closer, I saw that the girl was not in fact clutching a handbag, but an arm which, suprisingly, wasn't hers.

She had long, thin pink hair snagged with branches, dust and god knows what else. She looked like a lifeless japanese doll, the ones everyone avoided like the plague. Silently, Loid sat beside me and opened a bulging First Aid kit.

I was in awe as he professionally treated the girl; a damp cloth with ice spray, then carefully wrapped in bandages. Soon all her wounds and cuts were covered and we showed her to the nearest police station and handed them our numbers. Loid didn't go back inside the car though.

"I believe we are near the location. You can see fresh blood and tiny handprints across these rotten bricks, and I do have to say we might be able to rescue more than just my daughter." I fumbled for my flashlight inside my bag, but I think I would be able to sleep better at night if I didn't see it.

Loid Pov

Hundreds of decayed bodies rotted in perfect formation, the stench making the Thorn Princess involuntarily gag and turn away for a split second. Obviously she has seen someone dead, she was even sometimes the killer.

But never, I'm guessing from the look of utter disgust and sadness, she hasn't seen a mass genocide in person. Its probably because of some drugs or experiment gone haywire. I cautiously tiptoed past the warning signs, and came to a halt in front of a slice of wall that drastically contrasted from the hues of the other bricks.

I skimmed my fingers alongside a deep curve that sliced itself in the middle of the barrier. Yor peered at two particular rocks that seemed indented into the cement, and gave it such a punch that I heard a kkrak resound into the darkness.

Yor gestured for me to step inside a chalk-drawn circle and proceeded to push the 2 bricks further inside the wall, and with a guttural groan, a secret passageway opened beneath us.