Chapter 4: Blank Space

Jin's POV

"What is this again?" I asked myself while looking at the daily news.

"Exactly my question." Jimin said, upon entering my room. "I remember coming to the bar with you but how come I came home alone?"

"My head is aching. Not now, please."

"Oh, my dear, Seokjin, you really have to explain it now before your dad comes here running. Because I swear, I am running out of excuses to tell him. I don't think my pay is enough to do all of these." Jimin said dramatically. He's always like this. If he isn't my best friend I might not have hired him to be my executive assistant.

"Jimin, nothing happened. Believe me." I said to him while I was massaging my temples.

"Well, that's not how other people sees it. That's not how your dad sees it." He sees with his hands on his waist.

Here goes the scary Jimin.

"5 years without Jungkook but with all the scandals. You are being scrutinize because of all the men that were linked to you and now you will go out of the bar, completely drunk, with a man, and not just ordinary man. You were with Kim Namjoon for god's sake!"

"Enough of Jungkook, please. It's been fucking 5 years. Namjoon is a really nice guy. He is a smart guy. We just talked. We talked a lot."

"Prove to me then that what you were doing with your life is not about Jungkook. Because good for Namjoon, he will now be part of your list. I bet you still have a blank space for him." Jimin then sat on my bed. He looked at me eye to eye and this is what will really scare me to death. "What really happened? I still have to release something to the media, so you better start talking."

"Jimin, look, I'm sorry. I was not too drunk when I went out with him, at least not at that picture. I know I went out with him to talk about business, life and a lot of things. You know how everyone will start talking about me and my lovelife but I've never really been with anyone after Jungkook. I don't think I can, not now. But Namjoon is different. I can assure you, he is a nice guy."

"That's what you also said when you dated Kang Daniel, Kim Mingue, Choi Bogeum, Choi Soobin, Min Changyun and Sang Minchu. Did I forget anyone?"

I rolled my eyes on him. "You're impossible! Leave me alone." I said and covered my body with the blanket.

I squealed when he suddenly pulled the blanket away from me.

"What's your problem?"

"You tell me!" He said with wide opened eyes.

"Okay, fine. I am sorry, Jimin-ah. Let me just freshen up and then we can talk what to tell the media."

"Good answer." He said then stood up from my bad. "I'll wait for you outside. Chef Bokhyun already made us breakfast. I'll bring your medicine there."

I just looked at him in disbelief but had to be kind or else he won't leave me alone. "Thank you. I'll be there in 15 minutes."

He smiled and I smiled back at him. As soon as he went out, I dropped myself on my bed again. "Argh! What a waste of time! This is exactly why I left home 6 years ago!"

I regretted going back home for the nth time but what good would it do anyway. I jumped out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom. Jimin will surely kill me if I don't get there in 15. "Fuck my life." I said while walking lazily towards the bathroom.

***********

"That took you more than 15 minutes." Jimin said as soon as he saw me coming down from the stairs. I just rolled my eyes. "Oh no! You don't want to do that to me. Especially when your dad is almost here. I would advise you to take your seat and eat your breakfast before you face your dad again."