Chapter 11

As I lay out my bold plan, Kelly and Jazzy's reactions pretty much convey disbelief written all over their faces. The exchanged looks with wide eyes create a tense atmosphere in the room, as if everyone is struggling with the audacity of the decision I just shared. But in the midst of all the doubt, there is Xander, giving me a supportive smile. It feels like he understands the complex reasons behind my daring idea, things we have talked about before. The room is spinning with a mix of doubt, hesitation, and a bit of trust in the unknown journey I'm about to start.

Kelly, perched on the edge of the couch, looks thoughtful, her eyes fixed on me with a mix of concern and scrutiny. "Riri, I get what you've been through, but are you really sure about this three-month retreat thing?" Her words hang in the air, carrying a mix of genuine concern for me and a hint of disbelief about the decision I'm considering.

I respond with a gentle smile, my fingers absentmindedly tracing patterns as I speak. "I know it's a lot of time, but it's something I really need. The good thing is my business only needs a few hours in the morning, and the great part is, I can handle it from pretty much anywhere in the world."

Kelly sighs, clearly not happy. "Honestly, I couldn't care less about the business. I can totally handle that for you while you're off on this trip. What's bothering me, babe, is the idea of you being alone for a long time. Jazzy and I won't be able to tag along, and that's what's got me concerned." Her words carry a mix of genuine care and a touch of disappointment at the thought of not being able to share in the experience with me. The room is a whirlwind of emotions, still hanging in the balance between worry and a genuine connection.

Before I have a chance to reply, Xander jumps in with assurance, his voice steady, "Don't stress, you two. I've got it covered. I'll take charge of planning this trip for her, making sure she goes to safe and secure places. I'll even throw in some extra safety measures to guarantee her well-being. What do you think about that?" A moment of silent communication passes between Kelly, Jazzy, and Xander, their eyes meeting and exchanging unspoken understanding. Eventually, they turn back to Xander, nodding in agreement as a collective sign that they trust him to make sure everything will be taken care of.

Over the past two weeks, a lot has happened since. We have been getting everything ready for the upcoming trip, and it's all falling into place perfectly. I thought my parents would be upset about me basically packing and going out into the world, but surprisingly, they supported the idea of the trip. Turns out, it's because they want me far away from Daniel and his parents, who keep trying to contact me. It looks like Daniel is not doing too well.

My mom told me that Daniel confessed to his parents about what he did. His parents were upset, but since he is their child, they are standing by him. They are also trying to help him get back in my good graces. But it is important to know that my parents don't approve or support these efforts; they're not on board with Daniel trying to fix things between us.

Xander has been absolutely great. He's in charge of planning everything for the upcoming events, making sure every detail is taken care of. What makes him awesome is not just how carefully he plans everything but also how he keeps me updated on every decision that's been made. He goes the extra mile by giving me lots of choices that match what I need and like. This way, the plans are turning out just right for me.

----

To say I'm terrified would be an understatement. Kelly, driven by worry and a touch of motherly instinct, insisted on taking me to the airport. She went through the safety measures Xander carefully arranged with an almost obsessive level of attention. And that's not all—she made sure I memorized everyone's phone numbers, just in case something happened to my phone while traveling.

Her commitment to my safety has made a lasting impact. As we strolled through the airport, enjoying our much-needed coffees, Kelly giving me a hand with my bags, and just before we reach the boarding gate, she gently took hold of my trembling hands, saying, 'Aria, you're starting this journey for your own healing. I may not have been completely on board at first, but I understand now that this is what you truly need. Trust me, you're going to come back from this experience as a completely new woman.' Her words, wrapped in a soothing embrace, carried the weight of understanding and acceptance, acknowledging the significance of the path I have chosen for my personal growth and well-being.

Deep down, I feel something big is about to happen, something that will shape my life in a really important way. It's like this strong feeling inside me, telling me that the path I'm choosing is going to leave a lasting mark on who I am. I sense it strongly, like a whisper in my soul, that what's coming up is going to be a game-changer, a part of my story that will stick with me.

This upcoming journey feels like more than just a change of scenery; it feels like a conscious decision to create a better future for myself. Even though the decision feels heavy, I also find a spark of determination within me, pushing me forward.

In this moment, there's a lot of emotion. I realize that the steps I'm about to take can redefine who I am. It's like a promise to myself to learn more about who I am, to face new challenges with strength and purpose. Standing on the edge of this change, I believe that every step into the unknown is a chance to grow, a confirmation that the path I'm taking is all about making myself stronger and better.

As I make this decision, it's like a mix of feelings. Hope blends with excitement, and the unsure parts mix with the promise of positive change. It's a moment where the past echoes, and the future is calling. In the middle of all this, I'm set on creating a story for myself that's filled with moments of growth and happiness.

Trying to hold back tears, I inhaled deeply, and Kelly mimicked my actions, easing some of the tension in my shoulders. After a tearful goodbye, she left, and I proceeded through baggage drop and security checks.

Boarding the plane, I hand the flight attendant my ticket, expecting to be directed to Premium Economy Class. To my surprise, she leads me to first class, heightening my nerves. Trying to explain the mistake, she calmly mentioned my ticket has been upgraded, and I nervously smiled as she guides me to my seat."

Snuggled into the comfy first-class seat, I couldn't believe my luck with the unexpected upgrade. My mind was buzzing with thoughts, wondering if Kelly, somehow sensing my anxiety, had pulled strings for this luxurious surprise. Lost in my thoughts, a small movement caught my eye, and when I turned my head, I was in for a shock.

Right beside me, Xander looked all chill, chin resting on his palm. I was flooded with joy, and without thinking twice, I jumped up and hugged him tight. Tears rolled down my face as I found relief in his comforting hold.

After our emotional moment, Xander, looking a bit nervous but sincere, pulled out a tissue and gently wiped away my tears. Scratching his beard, he spilled the beans, 'I'm sorry for crashing this trip. The ladies and I were genuinely worried, and I had to make sure you were okay. Your journey needed to be everything you needed.'

Grateful and still a bit teary, I hugged him again, whispering in his ear, 'Thank you, Xander. This is perfect and just what I needed.'

As we settled back into our seats, we focused on the routine safety instructions. Eagerness bubbled up, and we looked forward to the exciting journey ahead.

----------------------

Please follow, like and comment, I would love to hear your opinion. (Be kind)