Chapter 13: Shadow the werehog

As the weeks passed on Shadow hasn't spoken a word to anybody, everytime he ever so looked at Sonic or heard his voice he instantly would get enraged and headed to his bedroom. It has been like that for 3 weeks.

   On the day of the full moon Sonic sat on his bed and in his hands was a picture of him and Amy both full of joy. Sonic couldn't help but let a few tears fall, no matter how many times he avoided her it was only from how shy he was. Sonic did love her but had no way to say it. The door jerks open and Tails walks in.
   "Hey Sonic. Are you ok?" Sonic only nodded and wiped his tears away. Tails walks closer, noticing the picture in his hand. Tails softly smiled "We all miss them Sonic." Tails lightly places his hand on Sonic's shoulder. "I'm sure Amy would want you to move on."
   Sonic slowly smiles , he glances at the picture and places it on his nightstand.

   Soon in the afternoon Shadow finally came downstairs for he knew what was going to happen later in the night.
   Sonic rushed downstairs from his room and sees Shadow on the couch looking like he's about to explode in tears.
   Confused, Sonic sat across from him and asked. "Shadow? Whats wrong?" Shadow only gave Sonic a glare. "How am I going to live like this? I've seen what you have done and what you're capable of...and that's what terrifies me..what if I can't control myself."
   Sonic sighs and stands up. "If it makes you feel any better I'm sorry..."
   Shadow scoffs. "What's done is done." He growled. "Let's just get this over with."
   Sonic smiles and stands. "Thats the spirit Shad's."
   "Don't call me that you idiot." Softly Shadow moved around Sonic and headed outside.
   Tails came in seconds later. "Hnm? You guys talked?"
Sonic smiled. "Yea we did." And with that Sonic said his goodbyes and headed out with Shadow.

   Sonic and Shadow walked for miles far out of the city and deep into the wood in hopes that they would not harm anybody. Sonic once more got to see the bright lights in the city from a clearing.
   "Beautiful isn't it?" Shadow said as he stepped into the clearing. Sonic chuckled "Yea it is.."
   Sonic turns to Shadow and asks. "Are you ready for this?" Shadow nodded.
   "Sonic? How does it feel?"
   Sonic simply turns to him as the full moon came from behind a cloud. "Oh you'll see." Sonic answered as his eyes started to glow into a neon green color.
   Suddenly Sonic falls on all fours grunting. Shadow only stared in confusion until he to began to fall into his knees.
   The night was beggining and both hedgehogs were on their knees screaming for their lives as bone and tissue ripped apart and reformed.
   Shadow clawed the ground, watching in horror as razor sharp claws ripped through his gloves. His skin tingled as his fur grew longer and darker. Shadows inhibitor rings soon broke apart as he began to grow.
   Sonic was next to him the whole transformation. Both screaming in pain.
   Shadow's torso began to grow thick with muscle a long with his arms and legs. He snapped his jaw open and let out a squeal as long sharp fangs began to grow out of his gums. Grunts turned into growls as the transformation was near its end.
   Shadow stared up as his eyes began glowing a neon yellow. Soon his legs snapped backwards forcing him on all fours. Shadow's shoes and inhibitor rings broke apart as well.
   Their growls silenced, then both suddenly raised their heads to the moon ,and caused two loud eerie howls.