Chapter 3: Social Status

"Bangchan you literally said you'd be here 20 minutes ago, I swear if you make us late-" I shout as he cuts be off, "alright I'm outside hurry up"

"Thank god!" I shout once again in relief as I see a car parked in the driveway. Quickly locking the door I run down the stairs and hop in the backseat hitting Bangchan in the back of his head.

"God were so late because of you!" I shout as the driver quickly begins driving off.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep last night." He admits as I sigh, "you need to stop working so late, sleep is important"

"I know, but-" he begins as I cut him off, "no buts you need to sleep. Work can wait. your wellbeing is more important."

"Fine, I promise I'll sleep sooner" he says murmurs.

"Excuse me, I can't hear you" I state voice firm.

"I promise to sleep sooner" bangchan reiterates rather loudly as I smile in victory, "Period."

"ok enough about me, how are you?" Bangchan asks looking over at me. God I can never put anything past him.

"I visited my parents last night." I whispered.

"Omg y/n-" Bangchan says hugging me instinctively as he almost shouts in shock, "do you want to talk about it? Are you feeling ok?"

"I don't know. Going there felt oddly therapeutic. I mean I really missed them and talking to them took a little weight of my shoulders, but-" I say pausing to quickly wipe the tear that was threatening to fall.

"It was also painful. I-" I begin but pause again, "let's talk about something else, please."

"Ok, um you went to the mall yesterday how was that. Sorry I couldn't come by the way." Bangchan says changing the topic.

"It's fine, but that was also weird. I met someone. Like he helped me and I gave him my number." I say as Bangchan stares in shock once again.

"Are you for real. Someone asked for your number? There no way" Bangchan shouts Australian accent threatening to come out as I let out a weak smile.

"Yeah, and he was super nice. But I don't think I'm actually gonna see him again after all he didn't text me ." I say letting out a sigh.

"Hey you never know. Perhaps you'll fall in love." Bangchan states as I was quick to wave my hands no.

"There's no way. I will remain as single as a Pringle for life and I'm not ready for a relationship after Seonghwa" I state as Bangchan nods apologetically, "sorry, it was too soon wasn't it. "

"It's fine" I mumble, looking out the window. 

"Do you know what you're going to say if they make you do a speech?" Bangchan asks attempting to change the conversation once again. 

"I'll probably make something up. The worst part about it is that everyone over there is rich. They'll probably start gloating and acting like they're better than me since I cant speak of my status." I grumbled.

"At least you know you'll have more money then all of them." Bangchan quips as I stare, "It's not about that dude, it's the fact that rich people always act like there better than others. Even though I'm rich I at least know money shouldn't define people"

"You may be right but that isn't how most people see it." Bangchan says.

"Yeah I know." I say sighing in defeat as I look back out the window as the view of the school comes into view. The place was massive, there were over 8 buildings  with multiple sport fields and other facilities. A multitude of cars were littered around the area ranging from sports to convertibles.