Chapter 5

-Y/n POV-

  "Time to wake up, princess!" Lily comes in my room with a cheerful face. "I'm terribly sorry about what happened to your debut, did you sleep well though?" "Yeah, I did," I lied. Little did Lily know, I was staying up all night, thinking about Lucas.... I shook my head and got up. "Morning, Athy," I said, smiling. "Let's go to breakfast, shall we?" "Good morning sister. Yeah, let's go to breakfast." Athy answered, cheerfully as we walked down to breakfast.

-A while after breakfast-

  "Oh, wow," I say to Athy, "You sure got a lot of invitations after the debut." "Yeah, I don't want to go to any though, it's quite tiring," Athy says, sighing. "Princesses!" Felix calls, "His majesty is calling!" "Coming," we both answer, getting up. After changing, we found out Claude wanted us to go on a boat ride with him so we agreed although Athy was skeptical. Turns out, she had a boat ride with Claude about some years ago and she fell into the water, but I assure her it will be fine this time.

-After the boat ride-

  Yeah, all I can say is Athanasia fell in. Gladly, she was alright, however Lily and Felix were really worried. Athanasia was pampered with cookies and cake while I was left alone to be taken care of by a few maids. 

  After that, I excused myself to the garden where I met Lucas. "Oh, hi Lucas," I say smiling. Lucas turned his gaze at me, "Oh, hi" he says. "What are you doing?" I ask curiously, tilting my head. Hopefully, I didn't sound rude. "Not really anything," he replied, his attention clearly not on me. "Can I join you?" I ask sitting down. "Yeah, whatever," he said looking up in the sky. Me and Lucas chat for a while and I get to know him more. I don't know why, but just being with him made me happy. 

  Soon, our conversation gets interrupted by Felix, calling me to come inside, as it was too cold outside. "Bye Lucas!" I say, smiling before leaving. For the rest of the day, I was in high spirits because of my conversation with Lucas. Athanasia notices I was happy. "Wow, someone's really happy today," Athanasia says, "Even though you couldn't attend your debut?" Athy asks, being really chatty. "Yeah.." I say as I look out the window. "Why are you blushing?" Athy asks curiously. "Nothing much," I say. 

  A few days later, Athy hosts a tea party and asks me to join. Of course I said yes! While we were talking with the nobles' daughters and Jennette, our conversation shifts to the handsomeness of Ezekiel and Felix. I wasn't really interested at that point so I was going to excuse myself, but then Lucas walked by. "Oh my, who are you?" A fellow noble daughter asked. Lucas politely introduces himself while Athy looked really pissed and pushed Lucas away. As the girls continue to talk about the handsomeness of now Lucas, I excused myself, not wanting to throw away the opportunity to talk to Lucas.

-3rd person POV-

  Y/n chased after Lucas, "Wait, Lucas!" Lucas turned around, surprised. "What is it?" "Oh um, I just wanted to talk to you and there wasn't a good place," Y/n said, blushing a little. "Sorry about Athy, she is a little rude sometimes," y/n apologized sheepishly. "It's fine, she is always like that," Lucas replied, not looking to bothered with Athy's behavior. "Um, want to sit down?" y/n asked. "Sure," Lucas said, not in his highest spirits. 

  Y/n and Lucas chat for a while, before, again, they were interrupted on their conversation this time by Athy. "Y/n where did you go?" Athy was calling. "Sorry, gotta go," y/n quickly got up and went to Athy. "Where did you go?" Athy asked, a little mad. Y/n quickly mumbled some random excuse and Athy wrapped up the tea party. 

  After everyone went home, Athy questioned y/n where she went and to tell her honestly. "I uh, remembered I forgot to wear my favorite necklace and went to get it, but I couldn't find it and I heard you were calling me so I came." Athy sighed. She knew y/n wasn't telling the truth as that was foolish to leave the gathering just for a necklace. Athanasia decided to not bring that up anymore as y/n seemed uneasy to talk about it.

-Y/N POV-

  A few days later, I heard from some guards that Ezekiel visited Athy and my library just some earlier without permission and Lucas kicked him out. Hearing that, I felt a little jealous Lucas cared for Athy more than me. Of course, we have just met for like 6 days or something while Lucas was with Athanasia her whole childhood. I mean, not exactly childhood, but yeah. 

  I then walked into the "living room" I guess you could call it, but before entering, I heard voices so I stood by the door, listening. "Do you like Ezekiel because he is a gentlemen?" A voice said. Wait! That voice sounded like Lucas. "No it's because.." Athy. Athy's voice. What were they talking about? "Is this what makes a gentleman?" I peek by the door and see Lucas kissing Athanaisa's hand. ??!! WHAT THE HELL??!! I just walked away silently after that. I didn't want Lucas or Athy noticing me eavesdropping or that I was really jealous.

  I was just depressed the rest of the day and I stayed in my room. Some more days later, I saw Lily in shock and before she fell, Felix caught her. "W-what's wrong Lily?" I ask, worriedly. "P-princess! I saw princess kiss Sir Lucas on the cheek!" "W-what?" My voice drops. No way, were they..? "Seriously, Princess is so bold these days," Felix says, teasingly. "Yeah.." I excuse myself and head to my room, feeling more depressed. 

  Why, just why did I fall for Lucas? But.... I couldn't help myself. He had stunning ruby red eyes with coal black hair, it was just impossible not to fall for him. And not to mention... that charming smile. Ah... tears are streaming down my face now. I want to stop my tears, Lucas isn't worth crying over, but the tears just seemed to disagree with me. 

  A few hours later, I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I open it and it was Lucas! "W-what is it?" Have he come to tell me he and Athy are together or what? "Can I come in?" He asks. "Yeah, of course!" I sit down with him, waiting for him to tell me what he wants to tell me. "So, I am going to the world tree and picking some fruits there for more mana," "Oh.. thanks for telling me I guess," I say, my voice dry. He is going to leave? "For how long?" I ask. Was he going to be gone forever? "Oh, just for a few months." He replied. Oh thank goodness! I thought he was going to leave forever. 

  "Aren't you going to say a goodbye or something?" Lucas asked as if he was expecting something. Oh, was that why Athy kissed lucas? Well, if I want Lucas to like me more, maybe a kiss would do? "Um, how about a kiss?" "Where?" Lucas seemed intrigued. "O-on the lips?" I teased. I was only joking. I leaned in, but stopped halfway. "Why'd you stop?" Lucas asked. "Oh uh," I pulled away. I couldn't do that, I was just too embarrassed to do that. Suddenly, Lucas used magic and the room started wobbling so I fell onto the ground and before I could get up, Lucas's lips touched mine for a moment before he pulled away. "Alright, bye," Lucas said, getting up and leaving. "??!!!" My face blushed intensely after I just processed what happened. I brushed my fingers on my lips. Did Lucas just kiss me??!!!

Alright, that took me ages! Sorry is this was really long, lol. The story prossed a little too fast but well I want to finish it quickly so yeah. There you go. I'm going to take at least 2 weeks of break before the next chapter. Alright, love you guys. <3