1. The Girl In The Woods

HOPE'S POV

I've always lived in Mystic Falls and visiting New Orleans, never anywhere without some sort of family. This trip will show my family that I am capable of going places alone and that I don't need them following me around. It's a rare occurence that I'm completely alone.

I was in wolf form in the Bayou when I picked up on a familiar scent. I look around and my eyes focus on someone a couple hundred feet away, who was waiting.

"Hope, come on out, I know you're here and I know you are angry" He says sternly, his voice ringing in the forest of the Bayou. Walking out from behind the trees I bare my teeth to him. He stuck his hands in his pants pockets after throwing me three pieces of fabric.

Hiding behind a tree I shift back and look at the pieces of fabric. A black t-shirt, leggings and a leather jacket. Pulling the shirt over my head after putting the leggings on, I sigh. My uncle found me after 9 months of me hiding in the Bayou.

Stepping in front of him I pull the leather jacket over my shoulders, I sigh annoyed and cross my arms across my now covered chest and stare at my uncle.

"What do you want uncle Elijah?" I ask, annoyed as I was just calm a few minutes ago. "Hope I realize that we are overprotective but you're father would want you safe at all times. You cannot just go silent for nine months." He replied, still staring. I scoffed and walked towards him.

"I know he would Uncle Elijah but having barely any privacy unless I am in my room or bathroom was overwhelming me and I couldn't just say anything because my magic was out of whack 9 months ago. I came here to teach myself how to control it." I reply back, earning a look of concern.

"You're not injured, are you?" he asks looking at my face, which was pale. "No, I'm not injured, I'm just sick. I caught a cold the other day" I answer him. "Just some magical herbs and I'll be back to normal, no need to worry." Elijah frowns and takes a step closer. "I'm not sure about that Hope. You don't look well enough for herbs to help make you better." He says.

"I don't know Uncle Elijah, there's not much else that can help. I could try a spell but I don't know if it would work on me." I say, frowning. "Fine get those herbs and meet me back at the compound." Elijah replied, as he turned around and vamped away. I smiled to myself before going to grab the herbs.

Once I finished drinking the water with the herbs I used my wolf speed to get to the compound where I found my aunt Freya. "Aunt Freya?" I ask. "Hello, Little one" she replies, standing up for a hug. I hug her tightly as Uncle Elijah and Uncle Kol walk in the room. "We have much to discuss Hope." Uncle Elijah says.

"Okay what did I miss while I was gone?" I ask them. They look at each other before I get a hug from behind. I turn around and say Marcel. "Marcel!!" I say hugging him tightly. "How have you been?" "I've been well, how about yourself?" He replies. "Annoyed by Uncle Elijah visiting the Bayou almost every week." I reply.

I wrote this within 2 hours so it may seem rushed but The next ones may get progressively longer it all depends on if I have the time to update every day or whatever schedule I start on. Hope you have a great night/day/afternoon.

(626 Words)