four

Now that Minji has Hanni's number, she keeps wondering about the other girl's whereabouts. Everywhere, every time, her mind is always asking about Hanni. Where is she? What is she doing? Is she fine? Has she eaten?

She slowly starts to accept her fate, trying to help herself and Hanni. There must be a reason why all of these things happened to her.

Her questions about Hanni left unanswered. When Minji texted her, the younger girl said nothing about it. The secret it so big and heavy for Hanni to reveal, and Minji wonders what might have stopped her from telling the truth?

What is she so afraid of?

Their department building was pretty big that sometimes it's hard just to have a glimpse of Hanni. Minji admitted that every time she saw her person, she could feel relief washing over her.

At least, she could see that Hanni is fine, despite the girl always hiding something underneath her shirt.

Another week passed, and everything was absolutely normal. She heard Hanni a few times, and her person's mind seemed to be all right. The whole department had their midterms done, and everyone was just chilling their heart contents out.

Not until Minji accidentally saw the glimpse of her person on Wednesday.

She just saw her from afar, but the view is so clear. Hanni face is so pale, and her brows furrow in horror. Her mouth wavers in trembling motions. Her fist clenched in horror.

At this time, Minji knew she just needed to get herself inside the radius. So she did.

What she heard inside Hanni's mind shocked her even more.

"What should I do? He will surely torture me this time"

"Mother will be in danger because of me! I screwed this up!"

"Only because I got B+ this time. He'll choke me to death-"

"Hanni", Minji finally approached, stopping whatever there inside Hanni's mind for a moment. She held the girl gently on the shoulder, "Are you alright?", visibly being concerned about Hanni's condition.

"I... I-I...", Hanni stutters.

"I got... B+ for my midterms", her voice slowly disappeared with her words.

Minji put both her hands on her person's shoulder, gently shooking it with a smile. "You did great, Hanni! I got B- with mine, you already slayed yours-"

"You didn't understand!", Hanni swatted both Minji's hands away from her shoulder. Her eyes went bloodshot, and her body started to shiver in horror.

"Hanni?"

"If I didn't get an A, he would beat me up!", tears started to run out from her eyes, and Minji could feel her heart beating rapidly from the concern.

"Who is he? Why would he beat you up?", Minji brought back her hands on the girl's shoulder, squeezing it for an answer.

"Hanni, tell me", she begged. "Who is this person you keep talking about?".

"I-I... I can't-"

"Pham Hanni", Minji's word came out stronger this time that Hanni was brought into a pause. "I will not allow anyone- shit! Even anything... to hurt you. Hell, Hanni. I would do anything for you. My family would, too!", Minji squeezes the girl's shoulder tighter.

"I...", Hanni shut her eyes tight, tears never stop flowing down her cheek. "I need help".

"Help is here. Now, tell me", Minji gently wiped the tears away from the girl's cheek. "I may be powerless, Hanni. But my father isn't. He even offered himself to help you in any way possible", Minji continued.