Part 1- Ciao inverno

"Two shots of brandy, please."

I smiled at the kind man and turned to get the shot glasses.

It's been a long day of work and I was tired and ready to turn in for the night.

The man at the bar looked back over to his group of friends, nodding, before turning back to me.

"Rough day huh?"

I placed down the glass and poured his drink, giving him a soft laugh.

"Yeah, a long day full of wino women and snickering drunks."

He let out a chuckle.

"Well, I bet you're ready to turn in, aren't you."

I smiled, handing him his glass as he turned over a 20.

"Here, for the drink. And a tip for your troubles."

"Thank you. How generous."

After a while, it was time to close up shop. Everyone left except for the man sitting at the bar.

"Was there something I can help you with?"

I said as politely as I could, trying to keep my tiredness from controlling my attitude as I came out from behind the counter.

He slowly stood up, the air in the room becoming somewhat threatening.

I took a step back on instinct.

"There is something actually.."

The pub bell suddenly rang, and three more men came in.

"A pretty girl like you, tending to a bar all by yourself."

I was suddenly closed in by 4 men I didn't know.

"You must be real stressed..."

He lifted the small tag attached to my black button-up shirt.

"Ophelia.."

I swallowed hard, trying desperately to find a way out of this situation. But the only way I found was through the front door.

"What a pretty name... It's a shame I have to ruin you."

He grabbed the sleeve of my blouse, but I quickly pulled away, causing it to rip all the way down.

The guys behind me tried grabbing my shoulders but I ducked down, swiftly moving to the door and pushing it open.

They chased after me, following too close for comfort, and I used all the strength I had to push forward ahead of them, even by just an inch.

The air was strangely cold tonight, despite the usual heat it had. My arms grew goosebumps as I continued running.

Soon enough, I found myself charging into a thick wood. I only stopped when I could no longer see the guys who were chasing me.

A shiver ran down my body and I finally looked around.

"It's... snowing?"

I crossed my arms trying to keep myself warm, but my long sleeves weren't helping much, considering one was ripped down the side.

I continued down the long stretch of forest, looking for a way out, but I couldn't find one. It was dark, cold, and snowing.

"How the hell is it snowing in the middle of summer?"

I kept walking, occasionally getting pricked by thorns and scratched by branches.

My fingers were frozen and I could barely move my legs.

The cold was rough against my skin and it stung.

I would get hypothermia at this rate.

I was completely ready to give up when I tripped on a loose stone.

I cut my arm on the sharp rock and stood up, wincing in pain as I squeezed my arm a bit tighter.

I squinted and looked further downward, and made out what seemed to be an old stone path.

"Please, Dio, abbi pietà."
[Lord have mercy]

I followed the path for miles, my muscles tightening.

I felt like my body was freezing from the inside out.

After almost an hour, I found myself at the front of an unnecessarily large gate, and what seemed like a castle in front of me.

What the hell is this doing here?

I pushed open the gate and it scraped the ground, almost refusing to open.

I took a step forward through the gate and my head started pounding aggressively.

I fell faint, unable to refuse this harsh winter any longer, allowing the cold to take over my body.

A cold breath of air escaped my lips and only a couple of words spilled out at a whisper.

"Help me..."

Darkness filled my head and clouded my vision.

(The song to play would be Howl's Moving Castle Distorted Piano.)