Part 3- Welcoming Ophelia

I looked away from the window, my heart pounding with fear.

"W-who's Queen Nathalie?"

He put his glove back on and walked back to the fireplace, tending to it again.

"That is information for another time, Lady Ophelia."

He took the metal rod, pushing the logs deeper inside the fireplace, then placed it in its holster.

He turned, dusting the ash from his gloves.

"I shall show you to your quarters."

He picked up the candlestick, holding out his arm for me to take.

"Come, my Lady."

I took a deep breath, looking back to the window before standing up.

I gestured, refusing his arm.

"No need. I can walk myself."

He nodded and led me up the grand staircase and to the left. There was a large hall with multiple rooms against both walls.

Each door opened as we walked past. I got tense, and sat up a bit straighter, putting up my guard, which caught Gabriel's attention.

He quickly reassured reassured me.

"They are welcoming you, Lady Ophelia."

I looked up at him and sighed, a bit annoyed with the formality he referred to me with.

"If I am stuck here, like you said, you may as well call me Ophelia."

He paused for a split second and continued, clearing his throat.

"You rule over me, Lady Ophelia. The least I will dare to call you is Miss Ophelia."

My jaw clenched slightly and I side-eyed the man walking next to me. He was fit, but it didn't show through his clothes.

He had perfect posture and walked with grace. His accent was clean and he was well put together.

Meanwhile, I, a snappy girl with a foul mouth, is being put above a man like him. I can't wrap my head around it.

I put my head down a bit, chortling.

Chortling Definition: Verb
Laughing, almost like a scoff, but when you actually find something amusing or pleasing.

"That's fine."

We passed a few more doors before he stopped in front of a sparkling black and rusty gold-lined door.

He pushed it open and held his hand inside.

"Your quarters, Miss Ophelia."

My jaw dropped at the room I was supposed to stay in.

It was bigger than the pub I worked at.

"Holy sh-"

A bell dinged, cutting me off and a clumsy woman stumbled past me and into the room. She quickly dressed the bed in silk sheets and dusted the windows.

She moved so quickly, I could barely move my head fast enough to keep up with her.

She was about to zip through the door again when Gabriel called out to her.

"Maybell."

She halted, turning to Gabriel and bowing her head.