Not All Scars Heal

For Tailsthewolf324!

SPOILER ALERT!!!

This one-shot will contain major spoilers of the ROTTMNT movie! If you haven't yet seen it, you may wanna avoid this!

(I'm pretty much gonna summarize the entire movie in the beginning-)

This takes place a few months after the movie and I got inspiration from a YouTube video called Aftermath Arc 1!

*gives a ton of tissues*

TW: Mentions of major character deaths, a ton of trauma, separation anxiety, insomnia, depression, panic attacks, anxiety attacks, and a ton of angst.

BTW: I'm not that experienced with writing ROTTMNT, but I'll do my best! I somehow wrote this in 24 hours-?

I hope y'all enjoy!

~*~

It's the year 2044. Exactly 2 months since Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey faced their biggest and most treacherous journey yet. The Krang had invaded Earth, and the world was in grave jeopardy.

Donnie and Raph had been killed during the battle, along with April. Leo, Casey, and Mikey were doing their best to survive but were seriously injured.

In an attempt to end the invasion, Leo and Mikey had sent Casey Jones, Leo's good friend and student, back in time to stop the invasion by making sure that the  Krang remain in their prison dimension by retrieving and guarding the  Mystic Key.

Mikey had used his mystic powers to open a time gateway, but was sadly obliterated and killed by his overwhelming mystic energy....right in front of Leo and Casey.

Leo pushed Casey through the gateway before being vaporized by a laser and dying instantly. Casey, traumatized by the deaths of his friends, vowed to to complete his mission to prevent the Krang apocalypse.

Luckily, Casey had successfully reached the present, several months after the Shredder's defeat. He ended up in a laboratory and followed April O'Neil, who he'd witnessed stealing herbicides as part of her investigative journalism.

Upon realizing Casey had been following her, she'd knocked him out, only to discover that he'd had a photo of her, him, and the Turtles. April had then taken Casey to the lair, and the boy had almost cried in relief to see the turtles alive and well.

Unfortunately, the brothers and April didn't know Casey yet. Casey luckily gained their trust after explaining what was going to happen in the future and got them to help him locate the stolen mystic key that had been taken by the Foot.

The turtles, along with Casey, April, and Splinter, pursued the Foot who opened the portal to the Krang prison dimension and released 3 Krang. During the fight, unfortunaty Raph's shell became fractured amd he was kidnapped by the Krang when he tried to protect Leo.

Afrer the tradgedy, Leo accused Casey of secretly knowing that Raph would be kidnapped began to prioritize Raph's return over Casey's mission. Leo demanded that Mikey, Donnie, and Casey embark on an immediate effort to get Raph back, leaving April and Splinter to destroy the Mystic Key.

The Krang had managed to locate the lair by reading Raph's mind and transformed the Foot into Krang zombies. Casey and the turtles are nearly destroyed by the Krang in the subway tunnels and became separated.

Mikey and Donnie retreated to the Turtle Tank while Casey and Leo become trapped in a control room. After escaping the lair, April and Splinter were notified of Mikey and Donnie's predicament and arrived at the subway to free them.