[ 013 ] alone.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER THIRTEEN !

            THE RILKE GIRL HAD been lost in thought later on that day

            THE RILKE GIRL HAD been lost in thought later on that day. Her hands were languidly cleaning the clothes that dangled over the water filled basin at her feet. Her head was incredibly sore. Blood was rushing through her ears with each soaring pain that invaded her head. It truly did feel as though her brain was expanding and crashing against her skull. That voice was back once again, in full force this time which was the cause of her headache. It was practically screaming at her though in a language she didn't speak.

It was times like this that she cursed herself for not opting to take on French as a class.

            She wasn't aware though many of the others that sat surrounding her had noticed that a consistent wincing and hissing sound came from her direction. They all knew the sound was back and was plaguing her brain in the worst way possible. Mixed looks of both sympathy and unease were sent her way. Some were still of the opinion that Nola had been slowly going crazy ever since the crash, theorised to be a result of whacking her head, while others were more on the fence. So far both she and Lottie had been right about a lot of the stuff that had been going on.

            Surely, that couldn't have been a coincidence.

Her attention was thankfully pulled away from her thoughts by the sounds of whistles and cheers. The phrase ooh la la falling from the lips of Akilah had Nola grinning from ear to ear as she joined in on watching Natalie and Travis approach the cabin.

"Natalie and Travis, sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g."

Lottie was quick to speak up. "I think they were doing a bit more than kissing." She cheekily uttered with a small smirk aimed up at the pair.

Mari stared up at the two, though her gaze was mainly fixed upon Natalie. With a shit-eating grin, Mari rhetorically questioned, "Hey, Nat, what exactly are you and Flex hunting for out there, anyway?"

A small laugh escaped from Van before she exaggeratedly pointed her finger down at the girl and exclaimed, ""I hear it's beaver season!"

Natalie took their quips in stride. She returned a small smile of her own as she lifted up her middle finger and aimed it at the group. "Ah, sit and spin, assholes." She jokingly replied.

Her words caused another fit of giddy laughter to erupt amongst the girls. For a moment, they were able to laugh about something so trivial. Worries for their survival dissipated briefly. Someone was certainly not amused by the laughter the group shared.