The End of the World

"Right then, Rose Tyler, you're the human here. You tell me. Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?" the Doctor asked as he strolled around the TARDIS console, partly self-conscious about how Adalyn thought the interior his TARDIS decided for him, looked like.

Rose thought for a second, this was supposed to be their first trip, and briefly thought about how she didn't quite know how old Adalyn was, "Forwards," she said, going with the safe answer. She wanted Adalyn to experience something new.

"How far?" the Doctor asked.

"One hundred years," Rose said.

"Bit boring," Adalyn commented bluntly as the Doctor had excitedly ran around the console, momentarily pausing and his expression dropping at the answer, "Of an answer, continue Handsome, you were being adorable," Adalyn added, taking a sip of the iced coffee she brought when she drove her bike onto the TARDIS. Somehow it hadn't melted.

"There you go, Rose. Step outside those doors, it's the 22nd century," the Doctor spoke, after he had run around, his face now lightening from the blush that had been on his face. Making him blush is now Adalyn's favorite pass time.

"But I do have to agree that it is a bit boring," the Doctor finally admitted. At first he had wanted to show off, but Adalyn was right. A hundred years into the future would be interesting for a human, but boring to the two non-humans.

"What about ten thousand?" Rose asked with a raised eyebrow. She saw Adalyn start to look interested in her choice. Carter, the oldest Ghost Rider, wasn't even that old, Rose knew that.

The Doctor moved around the console again, now stopping right next to Adalyn (he couldn't help himself) and looked at Rose, "Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire," he said with a smile.

"You think you're so impressive," Rose teased.

"I am so impressive," the Doctor argued.

"I'm sold," Adalyn said with a shrug.

"But how much further could you go?" Rose asked, her arms crossed.

Adalyn gestured her head in Rose's direction, "That's the question. Handsome, how far will you go?"

The Doctor momentarily paused, 'These two would be challenging,' he thought with a smile, "Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go. Hold on!" he told the two who grab the railing as the TARDIS shook more. Adalyn's motorcycle was parked in the corner, the TARDIS providing a chain to keep the bike standing up.

The TARDIS stops, "Where are we? What's out there?" Rose asked excitedly. The Doctor gestures them out. Adalyn took his hand to follow the excited blonde out the door.

They see they landed in an empty room with a big viewing window that showed the Earth in the distance. "You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying—,"

"I don't," Adalyn said, interrupting the Doctor.

"Humans spend all their time thinking about dying, like they're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids," the Doctor started, correcting himself first, "But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future, this is the day..." the Doctor trails off looking at his watch, "Hold on," he adds as the sun starts to flare around the planet, glowing red, "This is the day the Sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world," he said.