You're Undead to Me

"Where is my ring?" Damon said 'weakly' from the cell in the basement of the Salvatore House.

Damon sprung from his seat between Henrik and Margo and dove in between Alex and Ingrid, wrapping his arms around his angry mother. "I was pretending," he said quietly.

"You were also starving, I trained you in your bloodlust, I know when you're needing to feed," Ingrid spat back quietly. Some looked at Ingrid in sympathy that she would see her son look so weak and close to death. Elena looked annoyed and Matt thought he deserved it.

"Won't be needing it anymore," Stefan spoke

"How long have I been here?"

"Three days," Stefan revealed. Oh, Damon knew somebody was going to die.

"Mhmm," Ingrid hummed with a big nod of the head.

"What are you doing?"

"During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them," Stefan explained to a stunned Damon. All Damon could think was that Stefan was definitely Edward Cullen because that sounded like what the Volturi would do.

"I am not Edward Cullen!" Stefan snapped.

"You would do that to your brother?" Bonnie said in disbelief, rolling her eyes to cut off Stefan when he looked like he wanted to say something.

Damon started to struggle, "Help me?" he asked his father.

"No," Vlad answered.

"Why?"

"I'm angry too," Vlad answered. Henrik, Margo, and Alex huddled around their mom/grandmother and brother/father to help Damon hold on to Ingrid.

"You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood,"

"You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever," Stefan said in a serious tone.

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?"

"I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you week. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate," Stefan said.

"Twinny?" Ingrid called through the pile of her children and grandchild. Someone sped through and Stefan's scream sounded around the room as his limbs quickly broke and his neck violently snapped and the blur turned back into Klaus sitting back in his seat, calm as ever.

Damon thought it was a bit cruel but then again, Stefan always thought he was a saint and better than everyone else.

"I'm stronger than you think," Damon said

"You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain," Stefan said but Damon thought otherwise, "And we both know it," Damon denied that in his head, "I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way," and he left. Damon could feel his mate's distress and hoped he would be able to get out.

At the Gilbert House:

"I-I'm sorry, I'm almost done," Vicki said, mouth full of toothpaste, to Elena when she came into the bathroom.

"WHAT IS SHE DOING THERE?" Matt screamed.

"That's worse than Rebekah's screeching," Finn mumbled to Freya who huffs out a laugh in return. She's happy she doesn't have super hearing.