Chapter Two

The rest of the evening was going well, Kai was passed out on the sofa with his head in Dee's lap as Lizzie was sat conversing with her.

"I know you know about what happened between Y/N and I." Dee spoke softly as Lizzie hummed. "I just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about. That was all a moment of weakness."

"I know." Lizzie nodded. "I trust her, I trust both of you."

"She really does love you, you know." Dee stated as Lizzie smiled shyly. "She never stopped loving you, even when you were apart."

"I know." Lizzie whispered. "I never really stopped loving her either. Even when I was with him, it was always going to be Y/N. She is my forever." She smiled at her sleeping son. "Besides, Kai loves all of you guys."

"I love him too." Dee smiled as she ran her hands through his hair. "He is such a little sweetheart."

Y/N was stood in the kitchen with Synthia, helping her tidy up before leaving, not realising that Lizzie was stood in the doorway listening to the two.

"What did you do with the ring you bought for Sally?" She asked as Y/N smiled.

"I still have it." She told her honestly. "I have never felt right getting rid of it."

"Why didn't you use it to propose to Lizzie?" She questioned as Y/N sighed before looking at the older woman.

"I wanted Lizzie to have her own." Y/N started. "Don't get me wrong, I loved Sally, I still do and there isn't a moment were I don't think of her but with Lizzie, she is completely different. Sally will always be my first love but Lizzie, she is my forever love and I want to build the life she had always dreamed of." Both Synthia and Lizzie smiled as she spoke, Synthia catching Lizzie's eye from behind Y/N. "I guess that I was home when I was with Sally, but with Lizzie it's different. It feels different and I just." She sighed as she played with the towel in her hands. "I feel at peace, like I'm finally free from all of the grief that swallowed me whole. The grief of losing Sally, the grief of losing the ability to continue with my dream and I can finally breathe again."

"Well, you should hold on to that." Synthia told her, watching as Lizzie disappeared. "You've grown up so much since we lost her, you have grown up into this strong and amazing woman, you have a son who looks up to you and a fiancèe who loves deeply, and I can see that with how she looks at you, and I can see how happy she makes you because you have that childish smile back."

"I really missed you." Y/N whispered as Synthia wrapped her arms around her, pulling her in for a hug.

"I missed you too." She replied as the two pulled away, cupping her cheeks. "Now, don't be a stranger because you have always been like a daughter to me, and I also would love to get to know your fiancèe and Kai." Y/N nodded before the two finished their task.

"Are you ready to head home?" Y/N asked as she entered the living room.

"Yeah." Lizzie whispered. "Kai is out of it."

"He could stay here." Lukas suggested as he followed Y/N. "I can drop him off in the morning. Besides, he already has his own room here."

"Are you sure?" Lizzie asked him as Lukas nodded.

"Very, I love the kid, and it saves disturbing him." He told them. The two thanked him before they left the house, hearing the locks on the door as they walked towards the car. Y/N opening the passenger door for Lizzie with a smile before walking around to the drivers side.

"You never told me about the ring you bought for Sally." Lizzie said as they entered their home.

"I just never thought it was important." Y/N shrugged as the two walked to their bedroom.

"She was important to you." Lizzie told her.

"I just, I don't want you to feel like you're sharing me." Y/N told her as Lizzie shook her head.

"I don't feel like that." Lizzie told her. "I know how you feel about me, I know that this between us is forever, but I also know that she was your first love." She took Y/N's hand in hers.

"I uh." Y/N squeezed her eyes shut, kissing Lizzie's hand before she headed into the closet, returning with a small box in her hand and opening it. "It's not much, I saved most of my allowances and wages to buy it but I knew then I wanted to marry her, but she said no." Lizzie admired to ring. "She didn't want me to become a widow at the age of 20, she wanted me to be able to move on, and I did. I found you. My forever and I am so fucking grateful to have you by my side."

"This is beautiful." Lizzie smiled as she moved towards Y/N's chains, taking a silver chain and putting the ring on it before walking to Y/N, putting the chain around her neck. "I know you think that this may be unfair to us. To me, but this is just a reminder of how strong you are, how much you are loved, not just by me but by Sally too."

"I love you so much." Y/N whispered as she looked deeply into Lizzie's green irises.

"I love you so much more." She said as she cupped her cheek.

"Not possible." Y/N whispered before closing the gap and kissing her lips tenderly before the two retreated for the night.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

Hey guys, the second chapter is finally here. Please let me know what you think