Chapter - 9

...

A few hours passed, my phome started to buzz and chime again as usual. It was time for me to stream. I remembered I kept my headset in the other room where I brutally murdered that guy who bothered me in my dream last night.

I paced to that room and removed my headset from the charging port. Right as I removed it from the charging port, I heard a glass door sliding open. It was the balcony door...someone was in my house, this time, for real.

I quickly took out my phone and my confused fingers hovered over the contacts of Ayona, the police officer, Haru and Steven. Who do I call?

The foot steps of the intruder got louder and louder, unlike in my dream, I had nothing to defend myself with. Fear starting building up faster than I could breath, then my finger finally chose who to call.

I quickly dialed Ayona's phone number in fear,

"A-Ayona, that stalker found my house!" I whispered through the call, and she immediately caught the serious situation I was tangled in.

"Get out of the house and go to the police! GO!"

The moment she said 'GO', the room's door creaked open revealing a man around the same height as me, fully dressed in black; from tip to toe. The phone in my hand dropped to the ground and all I heard was a crack.

He didn't utter a word, nor was I ready to listen to it. I dashed out of the room as soon as he started urging forward. I pushed that guy out of the way with all my might as he fell down and yelled a loud 'OUCH'. I opened the front door and started to run.

Even if I didn't look back cause I was not that brave as I was playing horror games, I was pretty sure he was behind me by the sound of his shoes tip-taping behind me. He was catching my pace. I couldn't wait for the elevator, he was right behind me so I took the stairs and rushed down, he was gaining. He could catch me even if I slowed down even for a little bit.

At this point, my eyes were blurry and were covered in tears, I didn't know what to do. But Ayona's words echoed in my ears, 'Go to the police'. I reached the ground floor at the verge of crying, I was horrified, what will he do to me if I got caught?

My body was not in my control at all, the adrenaline took care of it. I was not thinking straight. My feet stepped on the ground floor and immediately fastened up as I noticed the building manager near the exit,

"Ah! What are you doing outside your room at this hour miss? Get inside."

I didn't stop.

"WAIT!"

He started chasing me with the intruder as I heard four shoes pitter-pattering behind me. My eyes couldn't hold the tears I held this long, they rolled down my cheeks, finally clearing up my blurred vission. I was almost near the police station, at the place I met the police officer today.

I couldn't run anymore, I was out of breath, but if I stop, it was game over.

"Young lady stop right there!" came a familiar voice from a little distant, it was the police officer.

I didn't stop.

The sound of shoes pitter-pattering increased, now there were three people chasing me at night. I could have screamed and yelled for help, but I didn't have any of my breath left for that, I was panting so bad.

"STOP!"

"N-No!" I yelled back with difficulty, and I finally saw a light in the distant. It was the police station!

I slowed down a bit, I was relieved. I was relieved a bit too early, someone caught my hand! I quickly struggled and bit that man in black with all my strength that I could taste some blood of his. Yuck.

He pushed me away with a painful groan as he stopped and looked at his wounded arm. The other two stared with a bit of anger and I fled off again, wiping the filth of his blood off my teeth and rushed towards the police station.

I was not scared anymore, how could I let those filthy creatures make my life miserable? It was finally time to return the favour. I hope they live in pure fear, fear of getting caught and punished by the law. They will pay, pay for all the suffering I faced.

I took my last step and opened the station door in a hurry, those thoughts made me angry, I wanted to make this quick and fast.

"I-" I tried to speak as someone grabbed me from behind, it was Steven. "H-Help..."

"HANDS OFF THE LADY!"

I passed out.

...

(A few days later)

"Breaking news : In a press conference held by the police, four suspects have been arrested for the suspicion of assaulting, stalking, and breaking into the house of a very popular online streamer.

Haru, a businessman of a start up business, is suspected to be the mastermind of all this while his father Steven; a real estate owner, his little brother who posed as a police officer and his friend who is involved in multiple cyber crimes played in this as well.

The four suspects have admitted to the charges they have been accused of and will be facing jail time for a long time for their actions."

I got up from my couch, that was enough TV for today. I told everything that happened in my parent's absence to them and they were so worried that the very next second, they came to visit me. I couldn't say no to that.

I still couldn't believe that multiple people were involved in this, including Haru. I thought better of him, he probably needs the nuts in his brain to be screwed a bit tighter. Sadly, he doesn't have a brain to do that.

Ayona was here watching the news with me, my parents were here too. I was thankfully okay, they said I fainted because of lack of oxygen supply. I have never ran this much before, probably the reason.

"I am sorry, if I just realised how serious it was before then..." Ayona whimpered, my parents seemed to feel even guiltier than her.

"No, I am here only because of you, don't feel bad about it" I said and turned to my worried parents, "Mum, dad, it is alright. It was my fault. You don't have to feel bad"

"Sweetie, we are never going on trips like that ever again" said mother and my father nodded in agreement," I agree with your mother. You are more important than those business deals, dear. If you ever face any problem, tell me and I will beat them up for my little girl alright?"

"Alright, dad" I agreed.

A few more days passed, and that incident was stuck in my brain like a chewed gum to hair, hard to remove, harder to forget. I moved into a new apartment cause, why not?

I still stream my gameplays of horror games, but I never forget one thing ever while doing so, 'They maybe my lovely viewers, but they are also strangers whom I would never know'

My viewers never knew how much I suffered those past few days as I asked the reporters to keep it a secret that, 'the popular online streamer' was indeed me.

From that day on, I understood to not trust the wrong people and mostly, not to click on any links that random strangers sent me as my viewers. Then I enjoyed my college days while some part of me never dared to forget this ever happened and that I almost died in the hands of four strangers.

And for me and Ayona?

We are truly bestfriends forever.

.THE END.

...