⁕60⁕

"If you continue to run that mouth, I will not hesitate to bend you over my knees

"If you continue to run that mouth, I will not hesitate to bend you over my knees..."

I gasped, and my eyes widened.

"... and spank your ass raw."

Breaths come out of my mouth, shallow and short, and my heart thumps frantically inside my chest. His dark eyes are fixed on mine, his jaw clenched, and his grip on my throat taut but loose enough for me to breathe.

I attempted to shove him away, but as usual, the man did not even move an inch! I gave him a scowl and glare, but his amused expression only made me more irate.

He always incites my anger!

He brings his face closer and brushes his lips against mine. And I am hyper-aware of his thumb stroking the skin under my ear and his other hand slithering its way around my waist. Caging me to him.

"But I know; you would enjoy that. Wouldn't you?" His words make my stomach do flips.

"No, I wouldn't!"

And that's a lie.

I tried to push him, but it was pointless. And he seems to enjoy seeing me struggle in his hold.

He stepped closer, pressing his body against mine, and I closed my eyes as my body warmed up.

His proximity has always had an effect on me, and it sent shivers down my spine. I open my eyes and see him grinning. My body reacts differently to his touch and sinful words, which I do not mind but sometimes—like now—I hate it.

I am not going to let him change the topic so easily.

However, I could not help but clench my thighs, and he noticed the movement.

God! I hate this man.

And that's another lie.

Before he could say anything else. I stomped my foot on him, and he took a step back, stunned.

Taking a deep breath, I stared at him. I said nothing, simply staring at him through blurry, enraged eyes.

He annoys me so much that I want to kiss and kick him at the same time.

After a minute of silence, he sighed and spoke. "You already know that I am doing my hardest here. Right?"

I nodded, yes.

"So, please be more patient with me."

This irked me even more.

"I have always been like that, and I do not mind if I have to be patient with you forever! What bothers me is your behaviour. He steps forward, in my direction. "Either you change this habit or you leave me."

I froze the moment those words left my mouth. I didn't mean them!

He seemed to be glued to his spot, his jaw ticking and his eyes piercing into my soul. He looks on the verge of exploding; even his hands are shaking. What the heck is wrong with me?