The Omega: part 2

Fourth was feeling restless. He felt too hot, and nothing was right. Everything was wrong. His nest wasn't right. It didn't matter how many soft pillows and blankets he added to the nest it still wasn't right. He tried using the pillows his brother and sister scented didn't bring him comfort, something was missing. A woodsy scent was missing.

Fourth was clinging on to the cardigan a certain Alpha gave him, and that at least brought him some mild comfort, but it wasn't enough. He felt like crying. This was his first heat away from home, away from the comfort of his mother's hugs and his father's ginger root and pork rib soup.

He can't even go home because home is like a 2 hour flight away and he can't travel in this condition. Fourth feels miserable, so he curls up into a ball on his nest and starts crying. He is not used to this, the discomfort, the feeling of uncertainty, of feeling unsafe. He has never felt like this before.

Somehow, Fourth fell asleep despite the discomfort he was feeling. When he wakes up, he is burning up, sweating profusely, and his vision blurring a bit.

"Nong'fotfot." Fourth hears his brother's voice call out to him. Usually, it would bring him some sort of comfort, but this just feels wrong. He feels weary and unsafe. He had never felt unsafe before, not with his brother before, never with his brother, but right now, this feels wrong.

"Hia!!" Fourth whispers in response.

"What's wrong?" Mark asks gently, entering his room. He was entering his nest, and suddenly, it felt wrong. It has never been a problem before. His family was always allowed in his nest, but suddenly, it felt wrong for his brother to enter.

Fourth growls, albeit be it smalls, he still growls in warning making Mark pause midstep.

"Nong'fotfot. What's wrong, baby boy?" Mark asks carefully. Like any good Alpha, he knows that entering an omega's nest without explicit permission is a no-go.

"Go! Please leave." Fourth says whimpering. He really doesn't want to chase his brother away, but him being here feels wrong.

"Okay. I am going to call Fonfon, okay?" Mark says, backing away slowly. Fourth can see the look of concern in his brother's eyes, and he hates it. He knows his brother will never hurt him, but not even the calming pheromones his brother releases to soothe him.

Everything is wrong, and his body hurts.

Fourth isn't sure how much time has passed since his brother left his room, but what he is sure of is his heat has started, and it's going to be a painful one. Nothing is soothing him, and his nest is not right, so he whimpers softly, feeling his body go weak.

"Fotfot." Fourth hears the comforting voice of his twin sister.

"Fonfon." Fourth's voice comes out hoarse and broken.

"I brought you some ginger root and pork rib soup like Papa used to make for you." His twin sister says, taking slow, calculated steps as if seeking permission to enter his nest.

"Fonfon." Fourth's voice comes out again broken. "Help." He wants to say, but no words come out.

"I am going to enter your nest now, na." Front says, and Fourth nods when his sister releases calming pheromones, the sweet scent of roses and ocean breeze filling the room and enveloping him into a hug, but it feels wrong. Fourth needs the woodsy scent of sandalwood and lavender.

Fourth couldn't eat, he didn't want to eat. The first taste of the soup didn't taste right. It didn't taste like his father's, although Fourth could tell that his sister tried really hard to recreate it to a fault.

"Fotfot... you need to eat something please." Front says, but Fourth stubbornly shakes his head.

"Okay, how about tea? I brought you some soothing jasmine tea." Front tries again, but still Fourth stubbornly refuses.