016||Engineering

Olivia watched as Brystal marched off angry from the transporter room

Olivia watched as Brystal marched off angry from the transporter room. Olivia felt worry run up her spine, walking back after her. Olivia picked a pace, trying to keep up with Brystal's long strides 

Brystal strode down endless hallways of wires and pipes into engineering. The vibrant white didn't bother her at all than it had always. She found herself angry at almost everything about the mission.

Jim's stupid idea had almost gotten his First Officer killed. The species saw the ship, breaking a Prime Directive of Starfleet. Kirk had entitled her with captain, leaving her in charge. The ship had been leaking, or it could've exploded from all the toxic fuels.

Her face was filled with rage that she tried to control. Engineers stood out of her way as she made her way to a spare office that she, Callum, and Olivia had shared.Olivia followed in behind, causing the door to halt to allow her in. Brystal's took a seat in her chair, looking up at Olivia.

"Bri, there's no reason you should be this upset-" Olivia was cut off by Brystal.

"Upset? Don't pretend to be half-witted!" Brystal cut her off. Olivia looked at Brystal surprisingly hearing the words 'half-witted'.

"When Jim set out to save the Nibriu Tribe, I tried to convince him not to go. To convince him not to save a doomed species. Did he listen to me? No! Of course not! Then we had to save Spock's goddamn life out of a volcano! Another one of his ideas! Spock sited regulations like his life wasn't on the line! Like he didn't give a damn about what Nyota was feeling! I allowed Jim  to do something so idiotic!"

Olivia stared at her shocked by this violent anger she was showing. She couldn't lie though that the plan and mission were both idiotic. They all knew it would be dangerous, but that didn't mean none of them knew the consequences. Olivia and Brystal both knew consequences wrong form when she was stepped up to the council for her. 

"It wasn't your fault!" Olivia pointed out.

"That's not the point! The point was Spock almost died! That Jim had already thought it was gone to put his First Officer in danger!" Brystal sighed slowly, trying to hold back anymore of her anger.

It was true though Spock had been close to death during the mission. Within seconds, he could've died inside the volcano. They had broken a Prime Directive to save him, and yet knowing how he got there in the first place caused more anger.

Jim was sometimes brilliant and an idiot at the same time. Another thing she had gotten used to about her captain. Her relationship with him was on and off in: Romantic, serving officers, and just plain friends. Their relationship didn't matter at the moment, but his action always mattered in these situations.

"Kirk got him out the volcano though." Olivia pointed out.

"But who knows what Spock will say in the report! What if he says what happens?!? Do you think that'll go over Admiral Marcus's head?!? Vulcans can never tell a lie!" Brystal shot back.