023||What You Are

Back onboard the Enterprise

Brystal examined the strange vile she held in her hands. The strange orange liquid that swished around in its glass containment. The strange needle shape at bottom of the vile. 

It was already imprinted with Adeline Merlin's brand name: Merlin's Futuristic Design Prototype. Why would Callius hand her a prototype? Prototypes usually meant the gadget or invention wasn't ready yet.

She began reading the small description on the vile. The small white imprinted words were hard enough to read in the light of engineering. Especially with the whole ship seeming to malfunction.

"Communicationers are very hard when they can't reach almost anywhere. Even conversations that aren't meant to be heard. Not even when it has to reach everywhere. When secrets must be revealed that shouldn't have been kept. But that problem is now a thing of the past," Brystal read to herself of what the vile had written, "What the hell, Addy?" 

She could've cursed and ranted on about things that made Adeline Merlin a bad person. But to her, Adeline Merlin was a a complete and utters genius. Anyone Callius trusted was who she trusted just like how she trusted the thing Callius suspected or wanted to have an explanation on.

Cauis Lemuria, Adeline Merlin, and Callius worked together to uncover many things. It was almost they handed her a riddle and expected her to figure it out in just seconds. Then again, unless you were a Vulcan you could answer that quickly.

Her fingers rolled out a small piece of paper glowed to the vile, reading a set of numbers. 2180-7654-180. She'd know those numbers anywhere, but why would Callius want her to reach him when she couldn't even reach him by communicator......

That's when it clicked. An invisible light bulb seemed to go off above her head.

She took out her communicator searching for a small circuit input. She fidgeted with trying to look for an opening in the design of the communicator. There had to be a small opening that could just be enough to fit inside.

Her eyes finally turned to a small metal opening, carefully placing the vile on the hole. Her thumb pushed down on the vile's ignition button. The sound of pressing agonist the glass filled the room.

The liquid slid into the communicator, instantly freezing as it entered the communicator fully. Her communicator suddenly appeared with access to any place at once.

"What are you guys planning?" Brystal asked herself.