024||what makes a monster

Adeline Merlin watched as Montgomery Scott exited the bar

Adeline Merlin watched as Montgomery Scott exited the bar. She passed her credits to the bartender, nodding towards Cauis. He looked up seeing Scotty and the small alien had made their way out of the bar.

Wearing all black, blending in with the shadows of the brightly lit bar. Shades of neon and bright glasses shined everywhere. It was so blindly, it made her wonder who could even see through a place like this.

The two had been keeping a close on Scotty just in case they got any information that would be useful for Callius. Everybody knew that Scotty had quit because of some torpedos he couldn't look at. Though with Marcus having claimed he wanted to check out a station and never checked in puzzled them.

"Go ahead," Cauis told her handing her a circular tracking device, "Buona Fortuna (good luck)."

"Thanks, but I don't need any," Adeline replied as she stood up from the stooled seat. She pulled her jacket back up to her neck where her collar spiked straight up. Her hands pushed the glass door open as she quickly turned her head to see where Scotty was heading. 

The small train parked outside marked with the words of Starfleet docking bay. He was leaving somewhere, but to where was the question? Everything seemed to be out of place these days.

She quickly hopped onto the train that was bustling with aliens and humans. The train was dimmed in black and blue, just enough to make Adeline blend. Except for her dark brown hair that would easily stand out.

She flipped on her glasses by touching behind her ear. Glass appeared around her eyes shaping put a shape of glasses. The room around her now became able to tell her anything about anyone.

"Montgomery Scott," Adeline mumbled under her breath. A circle and line showed the location with in seconds. The train was beginning to sputter out gray smoke, signaling it was leaving.

"Lock onto his location and make sure this tracker lands directly on his small ship." She told the glasses as she took out the tracker.

"Of course, Ms. Merlin,"  A manly sounding computer voice answered. It sounded a British, but usually she could change the way he sounded anytime he wanted. Then, the computer began plotting out the docking bay they'd be coming up on in a minute. 

She took a seat next to an Andorian woman as a seatbelt began to wrap around her body, "Course plotted out."

"Good." Adeline nodded. This was going to be a long day.

The doors of medical bay opened as Jim walked. He hadn't expected Bones to have called him down on an urgent matter. What could've beeen more urgent than the ship falling part and keeping a criminal onboard?