o n e

JACKIE AND I HAD ALWAYS BEEN CLOSE EVEN WHEN WE WERE COMPETITIVE WITH EACH OTHER. She cared about her grades. She cared about her tan skin. She and I were fraternal twins. There were parts of us where we didn't have the same feature. Like she had dark skin while I had tan skin. I didn't as much. I still had excellent grades like she did. Don't get me wrong. But i don't care as much as she does.

(This is the face claim

(This is the face claim. Arianna. Just imagine her looking a tiny bit more like Jackie. She had light brown hair and not dark and green eyes instead of brown)

She wants to get into an Ivy league school. Follow our dad's path. I don't. I want to make a name for myself. I don't want to live in my sisters shadow. Or my father's. Or my mother's. Or my older sisters. We were all very close.

As much as my father didn't like that i didn't want to go to princeton, he couldn't make me not want to go to another college. I wanted to go to Alabama. I've always wanted to go. Jackie wasn't into football, but i was. She and I did track together. I did basketball and softball. I loved it.

Jackie and I had this whole party planned out and it was going great. That was until Uncle Richard walked through those doors and had sat Jackie and I down at a table.

Once he had told us that Mom, Dad and Lucy. I felt as though it was my fault. I knew it wasn't, but I still felt that way. I'm sure Jackie felt the same as well.

In the will it said that we would move in with the Walter's. I was close with almost all of them. Mom had brought me to see Kathrine and George a few times and when we went I would hang out with either Cole, Alex, Nathan, Isaac, Preston, Lee or Jordan. I didn't really hang out with Jordan much though. He would always like to video stuff on his camera, so it weirded me out.

When I was the age of having a crush on boys I found Cole and Alex attractive. I'm pretty sure Alex felt the same at one point. Alex and I had gotten pretty close. He showed me the loft and everything. We rode the horses together in the morning or late afternoons.

A few months later Alex and I had gotten together and that's when he started to get really Jealous of when I would hang out with Cole and of course, it pissed me off and it also pissed Cole off. They had a fight about it. (Not a physical one)
Later on I had broken up with Alex. We had dated for at least five months at the most and during those months I started to develop a crush on Cole.

I never showed it though. I think at some point so another and he noticed.

Now it's the present day and Jackie and I are the air port waiting for Katherine and George. That's when uncle Richard called Jackie and I off of her phone.

While she talked to him I was texting Cole. I would've told Alex we were coming but him and I weren't so close anymore after the break up two years ago. I was thirteen. I thought I was also too young to have a boyfriend so that was another reason Alex and I broke up. I'm over Cole. (she is as of right now. But one she gets pulled into the Cole effect she won't for long lol) I'm very excited to see everyone. I haven't seen them since last summer.

Cole: can't wait to finally see you, sweet cheeks
Janie: really? Sweet cheeks? That old nickname again?
Cole: you know you love it. Don't lie to me.
Janie: oh, I would never lie to you Cole.
Janie: your parents are here. See you at the ranch, Colorado ;)
Cole: SEE?! If you can call me Colorado I can you sweet cheeks.
Janie: me? Call you Colorado? I would never. That just doesn't sound like me, Colorado.
Cole: sure. See you soon, Janie.

Katherine and George were walking up to us. Katherine had a warm smile on her face as she walked up to us, "Janie, Jackie." She pulled me into a tight hug.

I gave her a warm smile, a small one, "Jackie, this is Katherine and this is George. I think the last time you saw them was when we were kids. You never got to go see them with me and mo- uhm, when we were kids since you always had this summer camp thing for fashion or whatever." I introduced the Walter's.

"Hi." Katherine gave Jackie and I a sad smile.

"Hi." Jackie said.

She pulled us both in for a hug. I could tell for Jackie that it was a little uncomfortable but for me it was what we needed.

"I'm so happy you two are here." She patted our backs.

"Thanks, Katherine." Jackie told her.

"I'm glad that we get to live with you. I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances." I frowned. Katherine noticed and she started to talk more. "How was everything?" She asked us as George went to go out our suitcases in the car.

"I can get some of that, George." I pointed out. "No, no. It's fine." He told me. I didn't want to be rude so I got some instead.

"No, way. I don't want you to carry all of these with you. That would be extremely would have me. With Jackie...I think she's not insisting to help because our—they never taught her to do that I guess so it's hard for her to communicate sometimes. I, however love to talk, as you know, and help others." George and I started to talk as Jackie and Katherine were talking with each other.

"Yeah, I get what you mean, Jane." George said with a small smile on his face.

We got to the car and I started to help put our stuff in the car. Once we were done I got into the backseat with Jackie. She put she AirPods in and so I did, too.

I was scrolling on Instagram and saw a post about our parents and I immediately clicked off and went to my text messages. I had several texts from my friends. Well, my one friend that I had left. Everyone else had stopped talking to Jackie and I. I guess they didn't want to be friends with people who lost their family. Because once something like that happens to you—people don't tent to know what to say. Which is normal, because how are you supposed to know?

Thank you for reading my first chapter of
'Colorado and sweet cheeks' !!!!

Thank you for reading my first chapter of 'Colorado and sweet cheeks' !!!!