୨ 005; seiu sato is (apparently) in love ୧

word count: 1.3k

seiu sato is (apparently) in love with kiyoomi sakusa, the second-best high school wing spiker in all of japan. 

the training camp continued as usual, everyone seemed to forget the event that happened last night. however, i did not. how was i to continue this facade after announcing to everyone i had never even experienced my first kiss? 

if we were really going to do this, i need to be on the exact same page as sakusa so i decided to call him that morning first thing. yoru told me he wakes up early to clean everyday. apparently something about a routine to complete everyday gave him a comfort that a parent, friend or pet could never provide. he needed it.

as the sun crossed the east horizon and made a large display of pinks and oranges, i pulled out my phone and called the number yoru sent me the night before.

"sakusa?"
i say walking out of the room where all the girls were still sleeping in,

"who's this?"
a tired voice asks, 

"it's seiu sato, yoru sato's brother."

"ah yes, i know who you are even outside your brother.. so you must have seen the articles."

'articles'.. pluralised?

"yes i have. and i'd like to propose an idea- well my brother's idea"

"if it's the fake dating one he's already told me. and yes, i was going to call you this afternoon to meet up about it but it seems like we're already on the same page."

what a relief. this would be much easier than i anticipated. 

"alright but i can't say much here. if we meet up not only will we have a chance to go over everything but it'll seem like a date. name a time and place i'll be there"

"yes i agree. how about on monday after school, 5 30pm? at the brown sugar cafe?"

"sounds good"

"great.. well, see you then"

"see you!"

as i hung up on him and turn the corner, i see the same pudding haired boy as yesterday standing stationed in the middle of the corridors. i jump at the sudden appearance, not expecting to see anyone standing there. 

"PUDDING HAIR."
i scream out of fear,

"um.. what..?"
he asks as his eyebrows knit together,

"nevermind that. how much of that did you hear?"

"i just got here.."

"phew.."
i sigh,

"well.. goodmorning!"

"yeah morning.."
he says looking back down at the game in his hands.

how rude!!

‿‿‿‿

reaching the cafeteria for breakfast, i wondered how i was going to make everyone forget the show that i put on the day before but then i remembered something yoru told me the night before while he was filling me in on the romance he and sakusa had,

"when there are rumours, remember, explaining things won't do bat. rumours kill rumours"

that's right! rumours kill rumours... but if i needed this to work i had to make sure the conversation comes up.

as i take a seat in the cafeteria with the rest of my team, i strike up a conversation once everyone went silent for even just a second,

"so who do you guys think the hottest volleyball player among the guys are..? or the girls! i don't judge hehe!"
i giggle,