୨ 008; seiu sato is a machine ୧

word count: 1.2k

seiu sato is a freaking machine. once the final whistle blew, nekoma had already accepted their fate. ever since the point gap grew from one to five to eventually eighteen, they let their bodies drop to the floor when fukurodani would not let the each ball seiu saved go to waste.

the game ended with 2 - 0 sets, winning by quite the gap with each set however no one was surprised of our victory. bokuto however was extremely excited to show everyone how "cool" fukurodani's girls team was.

once we shook hands and left the court i took my chance to speak to kenma before he scurried away, not leading time to put back on my cochlear, 

"hey kenma!"
i say,

he flinches at my voice.
crap maybe i said that too loud or too demanding. he turns around to face me slowly, 

yes?
he says through his eyebrows,

man this guy needs to fix his posture

"could you meet me behind the gym at 9? i need to ask you something."
i whisper,
"or what time do you sleep?"

umm sure. and i sleep at 12.. also why are we whispering?
he asks assuming he is whispering back

"oh sorry i haven't put on my cochlear yet and i'm not sure how loud i am right n-"

hey
i feel a voice say behind me before i turn around to see the captain of their team walking towards me.

what business do you have with our setter?
he asks, not in a rude way but certainly not welcoming.

there was only so much you could get from lip reading however it was clear from our past interactions that was the exact tone of his voice

"why do you want to know hm?"
i ask smiling

oh?
he says smirking,

i smile before walking away to put on my cochlear then promptly leaving the gym to take a shower.

"dude did you see that? she was totally looking at your lips while talking"
shave yellow top job guy says, 
"apparently that means a girl likes you!"

"she's cute too!"
their libero adds

‿‿‿‿

the sun barely crossed the west horizon leaving dark orange and blue traces of its path which guided my way outside to the back of the gym. i sat down on the dusk-lit field leaning on a nearby tree as i read 20:51 on my phone. 

"um.. hi"
i hear a timid voice behind me, taking a seat beside myself,

"you're early"
i say now facing the brown eyed setter,

"you too"
he says not meeting my eyes,

"let's not beat around the bush; you know something i don't want you to."
i say looking up at the stars that were now revealed from the sun hiding behind the mountains,

"like what?"

"don't take me for a fool. i catch you staring at me all the time and i found you in the hallway that one early morning. so spill."

there was a brief pause between the two of us,

"yeah.. i heard you and sakusa talking about the fake dating thing-- not that i intentionally tried to eavesdrop or anything.. i stayed up that night to play video games and went to go get some water but i heard a voice and tried to stay quiet because i thought i'd get in trouble.."
he confesses, now staring at the grass between his fingers,