୨ 009; seiu sato is tired ୧

word count: 1.3k

tw: bullying (homophobia)

seiu sato is tired. although she had 9 hours of sleep the night before, the training camp was starting to get exhausting. liberos generally run around the court the most but an upside to being useless in the front row and not being allowed to serve is that we are constantly subbed out. still, when i am on the court i run around like a farm dog and despite the glory it's honestly a lot of working digging out every ball. 

as we made our way to the cafeteria, i felt a strange silence within the gathering space. was everyone outside? as junabi opens the doors, my senses were overwhelmed by a strong presence and a realisation for the silence only broken by a few whispers and general noise. the cafeteria had their eyes on a boy, taller that myself with slightly curly black hair and a medical mask looking down at his phone standing leaning on an empty table.

sakusa?
he whips his head towards us as we open it,
"seiu, i was waiting for you. we need to talk outside."
he says walking towards me before passing me and nodding his head to follow,

murmurs pranced across the cafeteria at the sudden statement,
"they're on a first name basis!"
"go put your ear next to the door and tell me what you hear!"
"i wonder what that's about"
"is it just me or is he looking extra fine"
"seiu? wow they're pretty close hey?"
"everyone calls her seiu though.."

i lead him outside as we take a seat on a sandstone brick by a bed of neatly organised flowers, the same place where i held my call with yoru.

"so..?"
"there's a rumour going around in my school that yoru and i are dating and its gotten to the point where girls are leaving... notes... on his desk and locker... has he told you that yet?"

my face went pale,
why would he keep something so severe like this from me?

"girls are doing what..?"
my shock was then replaced with anger. lucky i didn't bare witness to it myself otherwise i would have strangled them right then and there.

"yoru probably doesn't want to worry you so he hasn't told you noticing that you're busy with volleyball and all..."
he trails off as he reaches for his phone buried in his pockets,

he shows me a picture of yoru's desk,

F*****!! STAY AWAY FROM SAKUSA!!!
TW***!
CRUSH ON SOMEONE ELSE UGGO!!
SAKUSA IS FEMALE EXCLUSIVE WEIRDO

my emotions were all jumbled up and mixed; i wanted to punch the next person i saw square in the face but at the same time i wanted to fall to my knees and burst out crying right then and there. how could someone say such things to yoru? he would never even hurt a fly,

"i rubbed off the messages before he could see them and i've completely lost it the annoying ass girls following me everywhere... but if this keeps up... i don't think i should continue seeing him..."

my eyes looked away from the phone and to his face,

"i don't want him to hurt more that he already is..."
he says still looking at me,

"i agree. but let's do anything we can so it doesn't come to this, right?"
i say tilting my head slightly to the side,

"right."
he says, taking his phone back before reaching for an anti bacterial wipe from his bag and wiping down the phone.
"so i was thinking, i've done everything i can to take the spotlight off him but it's not enough so i was thinking about meeting now instead of later. also causing a scene in the cafeteria could get more attraction-"

my face lit up,
"OH MY GOSH SAKUSA YOU ARE SO RIGHT!"

he stared at me confused,
"huh?"

i pull out my phone,
"can you stand a little closer?"
i ask while he looks at me disgusted