chapter eleven

"i get swept away, when i think of you

"i get swept away,
when i think of you."
- Swept Away, The xx

My back is pressed up against my front door while Bucky kisses me fervently.

I'm unsure how, but I get the door open and we fumble into my dark apartment, slamming the door shut again.

We move blindly, barely making it to the couch.

I wrap my arms around his neck, keeping his lips locked onto mine and we kiss like our lives depend on it.

His hand slips under my shirt, the skin of his finger tips exploring my stomach, moving their way up to my breasts.

Then they start to travel south. His fingers dip into my waistband.. but I bolt upright, at the sound of an alarm.

I look around my bedroom, in the morning light.

I'm in my bed. Not on the couch. And Bucky is nowhere to be seen. Or felt.

Then I realise it's not an alarm, but a ringtone, and quickly reach for my phone, my sisters name across the screen.

"Hey, Daf." I breathe out groggily.

"Hey- Sorry, did I wake you?"

"It's all good. What's up?"

"My staff member just called in sick, the shop's supposed to open in half an hour but I'm out and I'm going to be at least an hour." she quickly informs me. "Is there any way you can get down there? You can say no!"

"Of course I can, Daf. Take a breath. I'll get there as soon as I can." I tell her.

"I'm really sorry to do this to you."

"It's absolutely okay."

"Thank you!"

I jump out of bed and make myself presentable, and manage to get to her shop at 8:31am.

One minute late. Not bad for such short notice.

There's a couple of customers waiting but they're kind and forgiving.

I'm just glad I wasn't any later. I don't want to be responsible for any bad rep on her business.

In between serving customers, my mind wanders to my night out with Bucky.

Like our previous weekend together, I had a lot of fun and everything felt so natural. It's amazing how at ease I feel around him.

It's not long before Dafne arrives, coffee and a blueberry muffin in hand.

"For you, my saviour." she says, handing me the food and drink.

"Aw, thanks Daffodil."

She slips out the back for a quick moment.