Chapter 14

Adeline awoke with a start.

She checked the time and was shocked to find out that it was evening already. She hadn't realised how exhausted she was.

Yawning, she grabbed her phone from her bedside table and saw 5 missed calls from Abigail.

Adeline was surprised.

Then she remembered that Abigail's date would have ended by now, and she would be wondering why Adeline hadn't called her to ask about it.

She rolled her eyes. She was in no mood to find out about anyone's date, let alone Abigail's.

She slammed her phone down in a sudden rage. A tiny part of her was still mad at Abigail for ruining her first date. 

Oliver hadn't even looked at her after that incident in the cafe.

Adeline was usually very calm and seldom lost her temper. But when she got angry, she always lost it completely.

Today was one of those days.

"Why the hell is she not receiving any of my calls?"

Abigail thought aloud as she dialled Adeline for the 5th time in a row.

She needed some sort of comfort. The date had only gone downhill and in the end, the guy just walked off.

Was Adeline hurt? Abigail was starting to worry about her.

She decided to go over to Adeline's house to check. And this time she was NOT going to get hit by a vehicle in the middle of the road.