Chapter 4

Techno got up off the couch, going up to his room.

"Goodnight, Phil." Techno called down the stairs.
"Goodnight, mate! We're gonna figure this out, I promise!" Phil called back, before shutting off the lights and going to his own room.

In The Morning

Bright and early, Techno woke up, had his morning coffee, and left. He needed answers. He needed to get them back. Ranboo, Tubbo, and Micheal.

First, Techno started heading to Tommy's house. He didn't even get 100 feet away from the cabin before stepping on something. It was sharp, and it broke under him. He stepped back and looked down.

Ranboo's crown sat there, broken. Along with the picture of his family that he took from the wreck of his home. This must have been where Ranboo froze to death.

Techno picked up the photo and the 2 halves of Ranboo's crown, taking it with him to Tommy's house.

When he arrived, he knocked. Tommy answered.

"Hey, Techno. I guess you didn't have any luck finding him, did you?" Tommy asked when he opened the door.
Techno held out the photo and the halves of Ranboo's crown, "Not alive, unfortunately. I was on my way here and found these, not even 100 feet away from my cabin."

They went inside to continue the conversation.

"My theory is," Techno started, "that he was trying to come back to the cabin, but didn't make it. It's too cold for them. That's why they froze."
"Makes sense. I feel bad. The last place he was was here. And he told me he was going back to your cabin, but I figured he'd be alright." Tommy added.
"It's not your fault, Tom. Hey, do you think Mumza would be able to bring them back?" Techno wondered.
"Probably. It's worth a shot. We should ask Phil though." Tommy answered.

Techno messaged Phil and asked. Phil didn't see a problem with it, so he talked to Mumza. Mumza said she'd do it, and quickly arrived at Tommys house.

"The problem is..." Mumza started, "I can only bring back 2 of them. I can't bring back Tubbo, Ranboo, and Micheal."
"That is a problem..." Tommy said.
"So, do you wanna just forget about the whole thing...or choose 2?" Mumza asked.

"Is there a way to bring the other one back in the future?" Techno wondered.
"Maybe. I can try, but it will probably be a few weeks.." Mumza answered.
Techno looked at Tommy, "Bring back Tubbo and Ranboo."
"Are you sure?" Mumza questioned, because she couldn't go back once she did it.
"Positive." Techno answered.

With that, Mumza did her thing, and Tubbo and Ranboo were back, but they'd spawned where they died. So, Mumza said goodbye to Tommy and Techno and disappeared. She teleported to Ranboo.

Ranboo was still passed out, so Mumza picked him up, and teleported to Tubbo. That woke Ranboo up. Mumza set him down. Ranboo and Tubbo looked at each other. It took them a second, but when they realized, they quickly hugged, not letting go.

Mumza disappeared, letting them have their moment.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there..I could have prevented it..." Ranboo mumbled.
"There was nothing you could have done, Boo...the door was jammed..." Tubbo said, and looked up at Ranboo.
"I'm still sorry I wasn't there...I might not have been able to prevent it but I could've provided comfort or something..." Ranboo replied.
"Well we're together now...it's alright, beloved." Tubbo whispered.

Ranboos communicator pinged. It was Techno– "If you need somewhere to stay, always feel free to come to the cabin. Let me know though, I don't need you to freeze to death again, alright, kid?" Ranboo told him they were on their way. They had nowhere else to stay, so he couldn't say no.

When they made it to Techno and Phils cabin, Techno walked up to them first and held out the photo and Ranboo's crown, in one piece. Phil fixed it.

"I believe these belong to you." Techno said.
"Thank you, Techno.." Ranboo thanked him and took the items.
"Your crown broke but I got Phil to fix it. It's good as new." Techno told Ranboo honestly.
Ranboo put the crown on and looked at Phil, "Thank you. This was a gift from my mothers..."
"Of course, mate. We're glad you're back. And you, Tubbo." Phil said, smiling at them.

Mumza appeared, just a white figure of light for a second, then fully showing up. Micheal was in her arms. She smiled at Ranboo and Tubbo.

"I believe this kiddo belongs to you two." Mumza said, walking up to Ranboo and Tubbo. 

A/N: This chapter is still pretty short but longer than the others! Also a bit more on the wholesome side! :3