New Begginings

Angela's POV: I was packing my things into my car so I could hit the road and leave home for good. "HONEY WAIT!" My mom yelled after me. "What, mom?" I said, obviously annoyed. "Will you promise me you won't smoke or drink like your father?" My mom requested. I nodded and gave her a fake smile. "Sure.." I said with a sarcastic tone. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and made my other sister wave bye. I immediately hopped in my Ford black Mustang. I rushed out of the driveway and sped off to the interstate. I blasted some old 90s hits and lit a marbolo. My air conditioning didn't work, so my windows were rolled down, and everyone could hear my music. I smiled in glory, knowing I'm fixing to be free. I put some chapstick on after the cigarette and sped up a little. I would leave my car to my boy best friend who would live in NYC. I had to hurry and get to the airport. I finally made it to the last intersection and then the airport. My boy best friend Rick was waiting outside for me. I ran to him and hugged him. He helped me get my things loaded and ready. "Hey, thanks again for everything! It really means a lot to me!" I said, patting his shoulder. "Anytime!" He said with a smile. It was about time for my flight to leave, so I hurried up and got my bags and waved a big goodbye to Rick and hopped on my plane. I found my seat, and I had to sit across from two annoying little children. But I got a window seat. An older lady sat down beside me. She was probably in her late 70s. "Hi, ma'm!" I said, trying to seem friendly. I was dressed in a really showy outfit. "Hi darling, " she replied as she patted my hand. I gave her a little giggle and a warm smile. "Where you headed too?" She asked. "To Germany to live with my best friend!" I replied. "Sounds fun!" She said with a laugh. "You look awful young to be traveling alone!" She said, confused. "I'm actually 19, just graduated early college!" I replied. "Well, you're a very beautiful young lady!" She said. "Thank you! So are you!" I said. She brushed back her short gray hair, "It's the cokes," she jokingly said. We both laughed. I was going to have a wonderful time on this plane. About 8 hours passed, and the old lady was asleep. I rolled up her jacket from her lap and put in under her head to keep her comfy. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about my new future. I wrapped up in my thin blue and black plaid blanket and laid my head in the window, watching the ground from above. The flight attendant poked my arm, "beverage?" She asked. "Water, please," I said with a smile. She handed me water. I opened it and took a sip. It tasted like plastic. As I was about to lay back down, the person behind me put their nasty crumby feet on my seat. I looked at them with disgust. "Hey! Excuse me! Can you put your feet down?" I asked, poking their feet with my plastic water. They quickly moved their feet. "Thanks!" I said with a mean-ish tone. Then the lady infront woke me up with her loud ass ring tone. I didn't sleep for the rest of the flight. I looked at my savings, I had enough to buy myself a new car and some other needed things. We were 30 minutes away from Germany. I sat up and put my blanket in my shoulder bag and sat back, waiting on the plane to land. The plane has now landed, and everyone rushed to get off, I waited till it cleared and helped the old lady beside me off. I got my bags and rushed out to say goodbye to the old lady. Then we parted. I caught a taxi. "Hi, could you take me to 425 Cornelius Street?" I asked the driver. He nodded as I paid him, and I was off. I pulled out my phone, and I flipped it open. No new messages or calls. I chewed some bubble gum and observed the place from the car. Everything was so fancy and now as crowded as L.A! "How was your flight?" The driver asked, "Oh, it's was OK, I guess?" I replied. "I'm not a huge fan of flights myself, " he said with a deep laugh. I shyly laughed with him. I played around with my earrings. "Your destination has arrived, see you!" The driver said as we stopped. He helped me get my things out and take them to the front step. I waved bye and knocked on the door. All the lights were off. "Hello?" I said as the door mysteriously opened. "Ok?" I said, confused as I walked in. Then the lights came on, and two girls jumped up from behind the island in the kitchen. "Ahhh! Oh my God! HEYYY!" I said with an exciting squeal. I dropped my things and ran over to the girls and hugged them. "We're so happy you're here!" Abby said. "ME too!" I said. We all three jumped in a circle, hugging each other. "Here! Let's get you to your room!" Leana said. I've known Leana for about a year, her and Abby would send pictures of them in college in the mail to me. Me and Abby got my bags and headed upstairs. This house was huge. Leana opened the door into a large, open spaced bedroom with a walk-in closet and my very own bathroom. "YOU GUYS! AHHHH!" I said as I ran in, "This is amazing!" I said. I looked out the big giant window the would could open. It had a place to sit. "Who's house is over there?" I asked, pointing to the house beside us in my window. "My boyfriends!" Abby said with a warm smile. "Is that his room?" I asked, "No, NO! I think that's his brother's Bill!" She said. "Well, hope yall down mind. Is it ok if I sleep with my window open?" I asked. They both nodded with a caring look. "Great!" I said, clapping my hands together. "Let's eat, shall we?" Leana said. Me and Abby clapped our hands, and we all ran down the stairs. Abby gasped, "Oh! TOM!" She said, jumping into a tall boys arms. He looked at me and waved. I waved back with a smile. "Angela, this is Tom!" Abby said, I shook his hand and went off into the kitchen. Me and Leana watched them passionately kiss in the living room. "Hey, tomorrow me and my brother are throwing a party! Wanna come?" Tom asked. We all said yes and laughed. Abby and Tom ran into her room. "They do that all the damn time!" Leana said rolling her eyes. "You're just jealous!" I said as I bumped her arm. "No actually, I'm dating one of his friends, Gustav. All 4 boys live in that house together!" Leana said. I dropped my jaw in disbelief. "4 boys? Erghh!" I said giving her a scared look. "I know one who would really like you," Leana said as she threw the towel over her shoulder.