o

prologue ✧

"how could you do this to our family?"
         "i'm just trying to protect her—"
"—LAIR!"

♪ 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘴,
𝘮𝘺 𝘈𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴, 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭.
𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥.
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘴,
𝘮𝘺 𝘈𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘯𝘰.
𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱
𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯. ♪

━ 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐒
𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐭.

Dark clouds hovered onto the prosthetic sky, appearing as if winking down at the bypassers.

Lucy tilted her head in confusion as she stared upward at it. One moment the sky would be blindingly white, and the next a stark grey. Huh? Dreams were the most confusing.

She turned her gaze ahead to peer at an endless valley of the Mikaelson house, on loop, over and over again. As far as the eye could see there was a copy of the manor.

Thunder cackled overhead with a loud roar until it was raining. But Lucy couldn't feel the water on herself. It fell on her, but never drenched her.

"You've made the right choice dear." A voice echoed through the space, feeling as if it was miles away yet right next to her.

"How could you do this?" Klaus' whisper reached her ears, making her brows furrow in confusion.

She gasped as he materialised in front of her, his hand plunging into her chest and gripping her heart.

Despite herself, Lucy wasn't able to formulate any sound, let alone words.

"I hate you." A vicious snarl left his lips.

Lucy stared into his purely black eyes, horror filling her up.

And right before Klaus pulled her heart out, Lucy saw the trail of black dahlias crawling up his arm.