i

Lucy's look for the chapter  ≈

CHAPTER I

Aw. . . Why, though? ❞

Separation is agonising

One second you're holding onto that one person who you love the most in your whole life and then the next, they are simply gone. Away from you. God knows when to return back.

Lucy felt numb most of these days. It's been five months, twenty eight days and ten hours since she'd been separated from her precious Enora. Life felt like an elongated waiting period till she'll be reunited with her daughter. Still she calms her aching heart by watching her daughter grow up through pictures.

Niklaus was suffering. The Guerreras were still thriving. The moonlight rings stolen by them weakens him, enchanted in such a manner that each use would draw power from him to fuel those petty minions of Francesca whom she felt were loyal enough to be given the ring.

But the Mikaelsons don't stay quiet. They plan, plot, and scheme the downfall of the Guerreras and tonight was the night of vengeance.

"Four of the rings sit on the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail, and the rest scattered amongst her lackeys. Now, each ring is distinguishable by its setting— gauche, like those that wear them."

Elijah debriefed them as Klaus and Lucy listened in intently.

"If they believe they can get their hands on the stake, they will come for me when I am weak." Niklaus stated. "Each ring you retrieve will strengthen me, but I will still be at disadvantage."

"Our hope of success depends entirely on our working together." Elijah looked at them.

"Why is Hayley not here?" Lucy spoke up, fiddling with Niklaus' fingers which were intertwined with hers.